robbing plumbers in West London

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
have just spent day 2 sorting out a friends friend in Barnes

she has been ripped off by a very large West London Plumbing Company

first they came to service her boiler.after they left she could smell gas so called them back

arsewipe No.2 comes and condemns the boiler,turning off the isolator below.

still leaking gas !

at this point my friend rings me and i go up to have a look.

first i find the union nut on the top of the gas isolator leaking so tighten it up, then i find another leak 1" above where the pipe is screwed into an elbow.
this could only have been done deliberately as it would never have leaked of its own accord.
sorted that one with a turn of PTFE gas tape and refitted
then i find a third leak on the valve itself (that could be genuine as valve had been turned on/off )

they gave her a quote for a new boiler for over 2.5K

having sorted the leaks i checked the boiler (potty flamingo) and found NOTHING wrong with it.

she then said that 1 of the 4 rads wasn't heating (which is why i was back there today) she had asked them to look at it but the declined giving her a load of bull about this, that and the other!

having spent 5 hours on it today it appears to be a blockage between hall and lounge so back again on sunday to sort it out.

so far i have found blocked cold feed, blocked expansion pipe, sludge in the 2 rads and minimal flow round the rads, then found the water tank is also the F&E tank!! quality!!

So H2 plumbing you get the award of COWBOY OF THE WEEK!

Sponsored Links
Good to know - I'll spread the word around the family and friends I have who live down there.

Sponsored Links
customer is reporting it to Gassafe as she is well ****ed with them.she has also written demanding a refund.
had a call this afternoon to say that all 4 rads are now heating (thats gonna safe a sunday outing!!) so i must of desludged it enough to get it going again. hooray!!

A bit off your patch aren't you?! Go away that's mine!
I come across bad H2 Plumbing reports quite often. Pimlico Plumbers not much better, but much more expensive

so another robbing steward company has surfaced today. another friend of the lady in Barnes.
this time its down in Hants, went to a little village nr stockbridge this morning as they had hot water but no heating.
get shown the boiler (a Trianco Oil Boiler) so have a visual look at it as not Oftec. find it has no water pressure! start to top up and water pours out of the AAV on the central heating pipe. dismantle clean and refit, bring pressure up to 1 bar, switch on timeclock and the boiler fires up, check the rads and bleed them topping up the pressure.
all the rads start to heat up nicely. say to customer it's all ok now.

she then says "we have been without heating since before christmas as we were told we needed a new boiler" the rip merchants had quoted £3,500 for a new one because they couldn't be arsed to find a leak on an AAV!
what is the heating world coming too?

so another robbing steward company has surfaced today. another friend of the lady in Barnes.
this time its down in Hants, went to a little village nr stockbridge this morning as they had hot water but no heating.
get shown the boiler (a Trianco Oil Boiler) so have a visual look at it as not Oftec. find it has no water pressure! start to top up and water pours out of the AAV on the central heating pipe. dismantle clean and refit, bring pressure up to 1 bar, switch on timeclock and the boiler fires up, check the rads and bleed them topping up the pressure.

she then says "we have been without heating since before christmas as we were told we needed a new boiler" the rip merchants had quoted £3,500 for a new one because they couldn't be a***d to find a leak on an AAV!

Keep naming and shaming,its best way to deal with scum like that.

she then says "we have been without heating since before christmas as we were told we needed a new boiler" the rip merchants had quoted £3,500 for a new one because they couldn't be a***d to find a leak on an AAV!

Could not be Arsed or did not have the knowledge?

The problem with BG, Plimco and the list goes on is that (and i never realised this till 7 months ago) is that they do not rely on being the local friendly neighbourhood plumber man whom needs and thrives on their reputation and good service.
These guys (Big Guns) have a name put before them and can just hire any idiot to do the job knowing fine well that they will lose no sleep, no work from any faults that they cannot find or repair.

then why won`t they hire me and train me for gas :?: :confused: :LOL:. I`m an idiot with plumbing/draining experience....Only post here because I get bored

Had a guy from Transco tell me last week that they only riddor a gas leak if it's within the LFL and HFL.

To cut down on paperwork he said :rolleyes:
Might be different for different areas, we are National grid here. I saw a riddor last week that was against a guy that had left a leak after fitting a cooker. I had gone to refit it. I dont know what the FL was though

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back