Roof options for covering passageway (with limited daylight)

Sponsored Links
Well I guess I am a professional really as I fit so many velux windows.

Interesting! So you think it is possible to fit that size into the available 1.3m passageway. I'd long picture the roof as being pitched with two large "velux" to maximise light and critically maintenance access through them. I've look on various sites (theirs, outlets, etc) but none seem to deal with the unusual spaces.

Looks like that option is back on the table. The only one that seems to have received no votes is s flat-roof with some form of roof light - oh and those "futuristic" looking light dome things!

If you can build some framework in your passage way to except the frame of a Velux window then once you have fitted the frame you can then flash the window from inside the aperture. If say the lobby is 1.3 wide and you used one of the SK range which is 114cm wide then a piece of timber say 6x2" each side brings you to approx 124cm leaving 6cm to play with.

Sponsored Links
Obviously if you still feel that is to tight then use the PK range 94cm wide
By what length suits your needs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back