Roof plan help required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Can someone give me the a couple of options on this roof plan, whereby the black lines are the existing house and the red is the proposed. ive tried a few but im trying to work out someting a little simpler. IF it wasnt clear there is a hipped main roof with a gable to the front elevation

full

Sponsored Links
How about a nice flat roof, just as you’ve drawn? :LOL:

You could have a dummy pitch roof, which would have a small slope to the front, side and rear before dropping down to a flat roof behind.

You could also have a double hip.

Consider front, side and rear slopes, with a flat roof on top, draining to the rear.
2020-05-21_211749.jpg

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that, incidentally i came up with the exact proposal, however i was just wondering whether there would be a non flat roof solution, but looking at it, i dont think so without creating inaccessible valleys.

Thanks for that, incidentally i came up with the exact proposal, however i was just wondering whether there would be a non flat roof solution, but looking at it, i dont think so without creating inaccessible valleys.

A non-flat roof job would be possible but as you say - and keeping within existing ridge height - you would need difficult-to-form valleys; the very short existing ridge would make it tricky.
As it is a detached, have you considered applying for planning perm. to combine the existing and new roofs at a higher level? - that would probably avoid a flat roof.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back