Roofers help please..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Father in Law has an idea in his head.. Which i dont agree with!!

The roof needs retiling etc as there are a few leaks, and no insulation.

His idea is just to put sheets of Fibreglass ontop of the tiles?? So in effect, the roof will be the same just covered in fibreglass??!?!? Its a high pitched roof and it isnt small.. TBH i think its going to look stupid

Whats your thoughts? :oops:

Any pros (if any), or cons?

Sponsored Links
So just to confirm so you get a better picture.. The whole roof will be covered in fibreglass rolls, and not just patches....

My Father in Law has an idea in his head.. Which i dont agree with!!

Any pros (if any), or cons?

Pros- er none, at all ,absolutley

cons- loads, it won't work. To start even if the wind doesn't blow it all down the street it will be completely knackered the first time it rains it'll just be a huge sodden lump and of course won't stop any leaks or resolve any tiling issues,
as you say it will look awful and will probably result in a visit from the council ordering him to remove it closly followed I would suspect by an ambulance to take your father in law away to a "secure hospital".

What is this miracle fibreglass product which can be fixed on top of tiles?

Sponsored Links
i think its going to look stupid

thumbs_up_smiley.gif

By the time he has paid for all the materials, resins and tooling, scaffold etc it would have be cheeper getting a new traditional roof. Years ago I completely refurbished the inside structure of my boat which was 21' long, that cost nearly £2000 in materials alone, then there was the prep time he must be raving mad, get him seen too...........

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back