Roofers in Stirling Area

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope someone can help. I have 2 questions:

1. I live just outside Stirling and have a leak in my roof. I've had it for some time now and have had a firm out a few times to try and fix it. Each time they do something, I pay them, it doesn't rain for 2 weeks, then when it does, it leaks. The last time they were out they stated that if the work they did this time didn't fix it, to get someone else to have a look as they couldn't spot the problem.

So, I now need to find someone else. I have called a few numbers from the Yellow Pages, and been told that they are too busy to come out and aren't taking any new jobs, but I've found one who will come out. However, I don't know if he's any good.

Does anyone know of any roofers/slaters (it's a slate roof) in the Stirling area who are at least trustworthy?

2. At which point is it reasonable for a roofer to use scafolding? My house is a terraced Victorian 3 level (ground, 1st, 2nd, which is the loft conversion). The last company happily went up on ladders and never once mentioned scaffolding, but I want as much knowledge as possible so I know if I'm being conned by this new guy.

Lastly, in relation no 2, I think the problem is the ridge, and it has been suggested on here when I first noticed the problem that the ridge might need replacing. Would that require scaffolding?

Thanks all

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back