Rough price guide for connecting replacement boiler?

Just priced up an old boiler out and new combi in, plus TRV's, 927 & Magnaclean etc, etc.

Boiler & flue supplied in box by customer. £1470 + VAT, with no warranty from me on the boiler ;)

Sponsored Links
It has to be descent or no one would pay would they. Why would a person be a waster?

i've worked round e/london, ilford and they are a waste of time tell them a price they try to haggle with ya.
give them the bill, not got any money on them.
want the work done can't be arsed to move anything.

total wasters people like that.

It has to be descent or no one would pay would they. Why would a person be a waster?

i've worked round e/london, ilford and they are a waste of time tell them a price they try to haggle with ya.
give them the bill, not got any money on them.
want the work done can't be a***d to move anything.

total wasters people like that.
Not much better in Luton mate :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Sorry for starting a battle it was not my intention heh! I know the regs but perhaps ill make it a little more clear.

This is the scenario:

1. Boiler is to go in the loft so vertical flue through the roof.
2. Vaillant boiler
3. Boiler is wall mounted.
4. Gas pipework is sufficient.

Please note this is semi-fictional as I have not started renovating my house yet but I wanted to know.

So the job is mount boiler on the wall, connect a vertical flue which is going through a hole ready in the roof, connect the water pipes and the gas and then test to make sure its working.

Incidentally so that I do not have to make a new thread is there a training school where one can go part time for say 1 or 2 years and become CORGI certified without doing an apprenticeship?

Incidentally so that I do not have to make a new thread is there a training school where one can go part time for say 1 or 2 years and become CORGI certified without doing an apprenticeship?

It's called cloud cuckoo land :eek: :LOL:

Sorry for starting a battle it was not my intention heh! I know the regs but perhaps ill make it a little more clear.

This is the scenario:

1. Boiler is to go in the loft so vertical flue through the roof.
2. Vaillant boiler
3. Boiler is wall mounted.
4. Gas pipework is sufficient.

Please note this is semi-fictional as I have not started renovating my house yet but I wanted to know.

So the job is mount boiler on the wall, connect a vertical flue which is going through a hole ready in the roof, connect the water pipes and the gas and then test to make sure its working.

thats a dear way to have your boiler fitted and no it's not that easy to get into.
confused-8.gif

The cheaper way is to keep your boiler installation semi fictional.

That way, you stop wasting our time, and in your own miserably mean penny pinching eyes, you get the job done within your budget.

you seek say bowel surgery..

so who do you go and see?

the butcher?

or a thoracic surgeon?

both can do the job
It all depends on what you mean by "can". The dictionary defines it as "ability". This implies skill and training.

The butcher may have the skill to cut up an animal; but I doubt if he would say that he had the skill to remove part of your intestines and sew you up again.

I also would not want to be in the hands of a thoracic surgeon as his speciality is the respiratory system not the digestive. Though, if I had to choose between the two, I know who would be my preference. ;)

You'll get a "gas safety certificate" done for £100 or a bit under. Is that what you're thinking of?
But why should anyone sign to say they'd cleaned the sytem etc etc when they hadn't?

It all depends on what you mean by "can". The dictionary defines it as "ability". This implies skill and training.

The butcher may have the skill to cut up an animal; but I doubt if he would say that he had the skill to remove part of your intestines and sew you up again.

I also would not want to be in the hands of a thoracic surgeon as his speciality is the respiratory system not the digestive. Though, if I had to choose between the two, I know who would be my preference. ;)

you have me Sir :) ,

however my reference to the removal of a section of bowel using the butcher infered he could do it, but your chances of survival are quite remote :eek: ;)

you have me Sir :) ,

however my reference to the removal of a section of bowel using the butcher infered he could do it, but your chances of survival are quite remote :eek: ;)

But he could make you some really nice sausages as your last meal ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back