Router Bits

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, could anyone advise how many worktop Butt and Scribe joints should you be able to get from 1 router bit and can you re-sharpen them, I done 1 joint and 3 end cuts and the router bit seems to have got slightly blunt, slight smell of scorching. The reason I ask is that they are rather expensive!

Is it more cost effective to buy dearer ones (maybe last longer) or cheaper ones?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Like big-all I find I get a couple of joints or one joint and maybe a couple of ends from decent quality brazed tooling, but I use replaceable tip stuff most of the time, now, from Wealden Tool (ref. K69420). I tend to keep a couple of "part worns" with the router for doing the connector cut-outs. When you grind brazed TCT cutters the diameter is reduced so you can't regrind and use for worktops I'm afraid - the conector holes are not critical, so regrounds are OK for that. The TC-RT stuff has constant diameter, but lasts no longer that decent brazed, but you do get two edges per tip. I've had cheap brazed cutters which won't even do one joint properly, so they're really not an option when you're cutting £100 or more worth of top.

Scrit

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back