Royal Bank of Scotland.

Sponsored Links
They are going to give their roulette playing staff bonuses even though they sent the bank bust.
The more things change the more they stay the same. (my French isn't too hot) :rolleyes:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2008/nov/01/royal-bank-scotland-vincent-cable[/QUOTE]

And the B*******s find it difficult to comprehend why we don't trust banks. If they really wanted to sort this mess out they should at least have the decency to forego their obscene bonuses. Any other industry could not even consider rewarding incompetence. Barclays are just as bad, if I could identify a bank that does not insult it's customers in this way I would switch in a flash but the lot of 'em have there considerable snouts in the money trough.

(my French isn't too hot)
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose. ;)

Funnily enough, being one of the clients of said bank and having been invited in for discussions last week, I asked my relationship manager about bank staff bonii ( :) ) in the light of the bail-out and he was insistent that none were being paid, certainly down at his level. Hmmm....

To be fair, he did think Fred Goodwin was a tw@t.

Sponsored Links
i think the whole bonus thing, large salaries and in-house back slapping has become quite normal amongst companies that wish to succeed.

in order for a company to have the best staff, irresistible incentives must lure them there in the first place.

now that there has been a downturn in the economy then there also must be a down turn in the bonus trend.

you can not blame people for making hay whilst the sun shines, but i do find it obscene that a company carries on rewarding the employees given that they have carried out financial suicide.

Back