Royal Mail.......great arent they!

latest update, spoke to a very helpful guy. "sorry about all that ive got it put on to one of the bulk lorries. if you put a note on the door i will speak to him and hje will leave it where you want it left. should be with you by midday" I phone at 3 as its still not here, "oh its on the lorry it will definetly be with you today, he will be on the road till 7. Oh and here is the tracking number for it."

Guess what........and the tracking number doesnt work on the website. :evil:

good isnt it. :rolleyes:

On a side issue i went into the main post office today which i normally avoid as there is always a massive que out of the door. Went in and there was only two people there. Hooray i thought. One lady was getting some foreign currency.

counter staff "do you need travel insurance?"

customer "no i go there a lot im all sorted for all that"

counter staff " what about medical cover"

customer "no im sorted"

counter staff "what about hire cars"

customer "no i go there all the time i dont need anything"

counter staff "oh ok, what about some other kind of insurance (cant recall what it was"

At this point the customer picked up her stuff and walked out.

i go to the counter to post a large letter......."anything else sir? do you need any envelopes"

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! no i just came in here to post a bloody letter which you will probably lose (as you lost two quotes this week and have made me look a pratt in front of two customers asking where their quote is) i dont want anything else apart from a bloody stamp from this post office.......(didnt actually say that but i thought it) :evil:

I then thought by being pushy trying to sell extra stuff, how many customers are they actually losing by being pushy and also by customers walking out the door because they are fed up waiting?

Sponsored Links
Personally I think our postmen are terrible and should be given the sack.

Its all about link sales Thermo! A customer gets foreign currency, they might want travel insurance, they might have forgotten about it! The same applies the other way!

Customer buys car tax, they might want insurance, since the 2 often co-incide.

Customer posts a letter, have they used their last envelope? Customer buys 100 stamps. Do they want 100 envelopes too?! Padded envelopes = £££££!!!

Easy money to be made! And Post office branches dont make much profit, so they need to find ways to raise the margins.

tim west said:
All of them? I dont think you've thought this through, have you. Next you'll be suggesting a big underground netowrk of automatic sorting conveyor belts! (How cool would that be?!)

Sponsored Links
Steve said:
tim west said:
All of them? I dont think you've thought this through, have you. Next you'll be suggesting a big underground netowrk of automatic sorting conveyor belts! (How cool would that be?!)
gone straight over the top ;) :D

Steve said:
Its all about link sales Thermo! A customer gets foreign currency, they might want travel insurance, they might have forgotten about it! The same applies the other way!

Customer buys car tax, they might want insurance, since the 2 often co-incide.

Customer posts a letter, have they used their last envelope? Customer buys 100 stamps. Do they want 100 envelopes too?! Padded envelopes = £££££!!!

Easy money to be made! And Post office branches dont make much profit, so they need to find ways to raise the margins.

yes i get that crafty, but it makes it so painful, and as i said how many customers and how much profit do they lose buy it? i always see people walking out bgefore they get to the counter because every transaction is so drawn out

now wheres my bloody parcel???????

Steve said:

Croydon Post Office has been known to sell toasters and microwaves, (amongst other non-stationery goods)

What's that all about???? :confused:

spice said:
Softus said:
For one thing (IMHO) post[wo]men should be paid so much that they aren't tempted to steal stuff. And their homes should be inspected regularly to make sure they're not hoarding the mail.

More postmen steal stuff than postwomen, but things are tightening up and have been for the last 18 months or so, well, in the thieving side of things anyway.
When they suspect someone on the fiddle, whether its male or female :rolleyes: they set a trap.

One of the traps is to to pick a couple of local names and addresses from the postpersons round, obviously the householder is on it.
They make sure mail or parcels are in the sorting office waiting to be picked up by the postperson who they suspect,and wait for the postie to deliver at these adresses.
When they dont arrive they have the proof they need, they then deal with them.

Interesting, but is this really true? I don't know of anyone who's ever been asked to set up a postie. Maybe it only applies in Liverpool :LOL:

Steve said:
might want insurance, since the 2 often co-incide.

What do you need to show proof of before they will issue the tax disc...?

...or was this just and example plucked from the air ;)

BoxBasher said:
Steve said:
might want insurance, since the 2 often co-incide.

What do you need to show proof of before they will issue the tax disc...?

...or was this just and example plucked from the air ;)
It might run out in a couple of months, and simply giving them a leaflet about the service wont hurt, will it? They might not have known PO did insurance!

so the parcel didnt arrive friday, despite the promises and assurances of the manager. Spoke to them saturday and the saturday staff couldnt understand why it hadnt been put up for them to deliver on saturday as they didnt have much to do! Still the very helpful man said that he would mark on the drivers documents that it must be delivered on monday and that a note would be left and the parcel could be left. :evil: :rolleyes:

It turned up today and luckily my wife was in. The driver said oh i couldnt have left it, looking at the note on the door. My manager would have sacked me if i had left it without you being in! Does no-one talk to each other!!!!! :evil:

So in summary its taken longer and more effort to get it moved 30 miles than it has to get it moved the other 3000 miles! :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back