Rubberbond EPDM products

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking for approved contractors for Flex-R's Rubberbond EPDM roofing products. Flex-R will only give me local contractors and these will only fit whole roofs rather than supply product. Anywhere in the country will do. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I've recently had my extension roof done in epdm, fantastic system and in one piece.

If you do a google search there are a few suppliers online.

I used a company from High Wycombe who supplied and fitted for a very reasonable price. Am I allowed to post up there name? If not PM me for who they are.

Hello Colin_p. I used to live in Sandhurst, Berkshire. Rubberbond product is made by Flex-R who are also located in High Wycombe. In fact, the MD of Flex-R has agreed to supply me direct on this occasion, due to rubbish workmanship by his "approved contractor". However, I'm trying to get it cheaper elsewhere before going ahead. If you're not an approved contractor, it is very difficult to obtain.

Google search brings up contractors, not suppliers, and most will only do whole roofs and certainly not supply product. Flex-R seem to have their routes to market pretty much under their total control - until I located a certain contractor elsewhere in the country, that is....

Despite all the names, I came to the conclusion that Firestone make the stuff for whoever.. I wasn't aware of another manurfacturer of the stuff.

Have you ever used EPDM before? It is fantastic stuff. I have experience at work with all sorts of roofing systems and must say the single ply route for my own house was the obvious choice with Sarna, Trocal and an epdm system all on the cards. I chose the epdm as it would appear if you read the blarb, will last for 70+ years, also lots cheaper.

Sponsored Links
Colin_p said:
Despite all the names, I came to the conclusion that Firestone make the stuff for whoever.. I wasn't aware of another manurfacturer of the stuff.

Firestone product is made in US and comes in imperial unit widths.
Not sure exacty where Flex-R product is made, but definitely not US, but is made in metric widths. Also, Firestone and Rubberbond use different bonding process (apparently).

Hi,

I've bought materials from www.diyroofing.co.uk and another poster to this group bought from www.rubberfix.co.uk. (//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=208679#208679)

He seems very happy with his roof and I'm hoping to find out if I'm happy this weekend, weather permitting. Check the both out.

I don't _think_ there is any issue with posting URLs (although flagrant advertising ought to be pulled by the moderators).

( ... hang on a sec ... I thought I was hanging around in this forum to get advice not give it .... ;) )

Just found out that Flex-R Rubberbond is also made in USA. Looks like EPDM product is not made in UK.

Hi,

I am an EPDM contractor, director of
www.goldsealrubberroofs.co.uk
take a look (the sites under construction but we are there) I also have a supply shop;
www.diyroof-right.co.uk
prices with competitors change everyday but we have the very first rubber at the best price. There are two main manufacturers, firestone and carlisle, anyone who knows the epdm knows carlisle were the original. The benefits of our epdm outstrip firestone not only on price but the appearance and workability of the membrane. Give us a ring and we'll supply you with the best value original 0,45" epdm in the UK hands down.

Cheers
Matt

Hi,

I am an EPDM contractor, director of
www.goldsealrubberroofs.co.uk
take a look (the sites under construction but we are there) I also have a supply shop;
www.diyroof-right.co.uk
prices with competitors change everyday but we have the very first rubber at the best price. There are two main manufacturers, firestone and carlisle, anyone who knows the epdm knows carlisle were the original. The benefits of our epdm outstrip firestone not only on price but the appearance and workability of the membrane. Give us a ring and we'll supply you with the best value original 0,45" epdm in the UK hands down.

Cheers
Matt

Is it the stuff from China? You can quote me for a couple of 6 mtr wide rolls but we get it dead cheap, maybe from your supplier i'm not sure.

Google my user name and contact me through the website.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back