Rugby. A REAL Mans Game!

Sponsored Links
Yep you can get the message over to your opposite number without having to play dirty. If you knee somebody in the nuts you need to be arrested. Play hard and make sure you go over to get your oppo a beer afterwards, a very civilised game. I was a back and once got co-opted to play in the scum, what a frightening place that was, the opposite prop looked at me, we locked heads, and he picked me up by the stubble on his chin. Never went back in there by choice ever again.
agreed.
But, nowt wrong with the front row union. A very select membership.
The dark arts rule.

Not just the players who eclipse the mardar*e soccer players for sportsmanship players but the supporters too.
I read a report that said the number of police in attendance for the match,
which was a full house, was half of that required for a normal match for scum u.
I used to be an avid football supporter for many years but now prefer to watch rugby, either union or league.
I also read that attendances for football are on the decline, is this the beggining of the end of our so called national sport?

Not just the players who eclipse the mardar*e soccer players for sportsmanship players but the supporters too....

I did once see somebody arrested at a rugby match, five nations I think, forget who was visiting, Some lad was bar diving off the roof of that old shed-come-bar-come-toilet they had behind the East stand at Twickenham. Naturally he was naked and the fellows on the concrete below were doing a fine job of catching him. Cops started appearing in numbers, most having a laugh.

Then they formed a flying wedge as good as any I'd seen on the rugby pitch before they were banned, and after he had been caught again they parted the crowd, nicked him, and beat a retreat just as fast.

I knew one of the sergeants at Twickenham and he said they had to go in there in case he hurt himself. They locked him up until he had sobered up then booted him out without charge.

Sponsored Links
ive played but sadly at a age where i referee. such is life. on the police element to the game i read somewere when tigers and city were at home on the same day the ratio of officers at filbert st compared to welford rd was about ten to one but if the police at welford rd needed help they could get dean richards off the pitch to double or treble their numbers. just remembered when at the milenium staduim stewards love the rugby days but told me the soccer days were a nightmare, says it all really

Back