Rugby

When SA thrash UK we can atleast drown our sorrows with a bottle of wine

AUSSIEWHINE07.jpg

Sponsored Links
£30 on the nose !!
The Double

Alonso 15-8 with RSA 4-11 both for titles.

A bad year for the Mclaren clan so I almost added the soccer boss's sacking at even money !

£117.61 to come !!

In the event of the impossible or improbable ... and based upon 'any celebration will suffice' ... Who'll notice the £30 relative to the Champers bill?? The waiter is who - no tip !!

So either £117 up, or out 'even steven' - what a strategy !

:D :D

Just about to get settled down, uncorked, bottle-opened and Balti-readied in time for the battle.

Good luck to the guys and, hopefully, we'll have something to smile about in a few hours time :LOL:

MW

Just about to get settled down, uncorked, bottle-opened and Balti-readied in time for the battle.

Good luck to the guys and, hopefully, we'll have something to smile about in a few hours time :LOL:

MW

Although of a non-sporting disposition and a Scot, I nevertheless would get great pleasure from seeing your guys do the bis tonight. Here's to many thousands of English worthwhile hangovers tomorrow.

Sponsored Links
Well it wasn't to be, to many errors let let sa win with 5 penalty's time to move on plan properly for the next world cup ,had to be a aussie who couldn't see that cueto scored.

Beaten unfortunately by a better side on the day.

I'm sure there'll be years of talk about the disallowed try (which was a try IMO) but, in the final analysis, I doubt it would have made any difference ... Who knows ;)

Agreed about the pride though, they gave it their all.

MW

Just watched a replay again and it looks as if his foot touched the line before cueto touched the ball down.

I must admit ... I saw it also and must agree.

As Johhno said, it's pretty academic now anyway :LOL:

This was academic too... 30 + ( 30 / 11 * 4 ) ;)

£40.90 going on Fernando A. 15-8 (1.875:1) for the title.

:cool:

There we go... The gambler's demise ..
We do remain the best losers on the planet...

Regarding the 'Hammer'...
[url=http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2007/10/7023.html]Click[/url] said:
The BMW Sauber and Williams teams have escaped penalty after being investigated by Brazilian Grand Prix stewards over fuel irregularities on their cars at the end of Sunday’s Interlagos race.
Under Formula One racing’s technical regulations fuel temperatures are not allowed to fall more than 10 degrees Celsius below ambient air temperature at any time. According to FIA data, Williams and BMW Sauber exceeded this range during the race, but after lengthy deliberations stewards chose not to impose sanctions.
However, McLaren are expected to appeal the stewards' decision, which if overturned could have serious implications for the 2007 drivers' championship.
Nico Rosberg finished fourth for Williams, with Robert Kubica and Nick Heidfeld fifth and sixth respectively for BMW Sauber. If they were to be disqualified, Lewis Hamilton would move up to from seventh to fourth, giving him enough points to beat Kimi Raikkonen to the title.

In answer to Bolo, the regulations... Often human judgement overides the tech' data especially at the margins ... Political? expediency? who knows?

:D :D

should have been allowed,and it would have bouyed up the team enough to go on to win, sack the frigging video ref, what a plonker,what a bad man gggggrrrrr.

I really don't think that the south africans needed all that help from the ref, I agree that if it had been allowed then our boys would have got that extra edge to go on to win

Although I think our guy's toe touched the line before the ball was grounded...
In soccer, when the offside trap is being constantly used, a ref will sometimes 'not blow up' in a marginal case, 'let one go' as they say - for the good of the game...
The final last night needed a try... for the good of the game.
:D

Although I think our guy's toe touched the line before the ball was grounded...
In soccer, when the offside trap is being constantly used, a ref will sometimes 'not blow up' in a marginal case, 'let one go' as they say - for the good of the game...
The final last night needed a try... for the good of the game.
:D

I dont follow soccer or rugby but in my mind what you are suggesting is that some referees resort to cheating. Does that really happen and if so what does the linesmen who raises his flag do about it - report the ref?

Sponsored Links
Back