Rules for burying cables in walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've just checked the sticky for "Rules for burying cables in walls" but the link isn’t working.

I'm due to start cutting up my wall to place new sockets etc soon, and would like to know the rules so to speak.

Particularly should I be using some kind of metal conduit for placing over the cable? if so can anyone recommend what to use? What width should the chase be for socket wiring?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I'm due to start cutting up my wall to place new sockets etc soon, and would like to know the rules so to speak.

If cables are in the safe zones (horizontal or vertical) to an accessory then you dont need to enclose in conduit/trunking or beneath capping.
If they are run outside of the safe zones then they must be enclosed within earthed metal conduit.

What width should the chase be for socket wiring?
As wide as you want, it's you that will be filling the chase after running the wire.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back