Rumbling Pump

BG had them cos they were getting them cheap

and because they gave them a no quibble 2(or was it 3?) year guarantee...they are indeed garbage. Anyone who's worked for BG in the past would know that :) and them stupid pump valves they started using, cheapskates.

yeh but the gate valves are back......hurrah! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
BG had them cos they were getting them cheap

and because they gave them a no quibble 2(or was it 3?) year guarantee...they are indeed garbage. Anyone who's worked for BG in the past would know that :) and them stupid pump valves they started using, cheapskates.

yeh but the gate valves are back......hurrah! :LOL:

awesome...maybe i should come back then :LOL:

if thats why you left in the first place then maybe you should :LOL:

Sponsored Links
"British Gas, the guardian of the highest standards in the industry"

Tony... I do hope this is sarcasm! You have obviously never worked for them! lol

I was only going on their advertising claims!

You are right I have never worked for them ( although I once did a joint visit with them! ).

Tony

I've fitted hundreds of the Bg pumps and they are absolute crap! They had a 30% failure rate on within a year and can be quite noisy, grundfos is sooooo much better quality, alot quieter and worth the little bit extra.

It my be twice the price but will last twice as long and make half the noise. You pay for what you get. . . .

Vaillant group have gone over to Wilo after a disagreement with grundfos, they are quiet and nicely designed.

In the original test between grundfoss wilo and myson that BG done the wilo came out tops which was surprising but they never got correct price to buy them in bulk .
As for price when the normal guy was paying around £40 for a grundfos BG where getting them for £19 complete pump or £17 for just the head.
So shows you what buying power they had

Just bringing this thread back to life.

Now the weather is getting colder I have actually started using my CH more frequently.

The rumbling in the pump which I never did anything about because it seemed to go quiet has come back with even more rumbling.

It feels rumbling when you put your hand on it and sounds like it has a penny bouncing around inside it.

Is it on it's last legs?

Is it worth turning it down - will this extend the life briefly? It has a 1/2/3 switch on it and it's on 3.

Property is rented so I need to convince landlord it needs replacing before it has actually failed.

Also, what is the consequence of failure other than no CH/DHW. I assume the boiler will figure out the pump is not working and shut off? I imagine the boiler running with no pump could damage something if it didn't cut out.

Thanks

it needs replacing, as you can probably tell from the way the thread wandered off & people lost interest in the op.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back