Running 2 appliances off a single fused spur

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've currently got an LCD TV fixed to the wall of my living room that I run off a switched fused spur behind it so that the TV can sit closer to the wall than it would if a plug was present. It's protected by a 5A fuse.

I want to add a soundbar underneath the TV & would prefer to run this from the same switched spur if possible.

TV is rated at 92W, Soundbar is rated at 22W so it looks to me that they would be drawing less than 0.5A combined & hence I can't see any problem with running both off the same switch & protected by the current 5A (or even a 3A) fuse.

My question is
(a) Is it acceptable to do this?
(b) Is it sensible to do this?

TIA

Steve

Sponsored Links
Hi loading wise, yes. I would connect both TV and soundbar into the FCU and leave it fused at 5a.

You will be advised that you should only connect 1 flex to the FCU, but personally would not be concerned due to the small load required.

Kind regards,

DS

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back