Rusting Heated Towel Rail

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I have a heated chrome towel rail that has rusted. I tried to remove the rust using steel wool, however 'rusted pit marks' remain, as you can see from the photos.

Can you think of anyway I can cover up these 'pit marks, or is the only solution here to replace the towel rail?

Thanks.

rust.png

Sponsored Links
the chrome has presumably flaked off at the marks, so you won't be able to polish it back. Wire wool is bad for chrome. You can use Jenolite fluid and other rust removers sold in motorists shops, but the plating preparation and manufacture of chromed steel towel rails is usually poor quality.

get a brushed stainless one next time. If you are prosperous, chromed brass is better.

My mate who restore motor bikes uses aluminium foil to remove surface rust but once its pitted its live with it or replace..I prefer white towel rails, they give out more heat for the same size

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back