Rustproof Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just cleaned the soot out of my boiler (baffles etc) and the manual suggest I wash baffles and internal casing with rust proofing. Any idea what I can use? All the things I would normally use to rustproof are oil based and would be burned off during the first firing as well as stink the house out.

cheers

Charlie

Sponsored Links
call an oftec engineer. you are dealing with an appliance that appears to be in a very dangerous condition.

Sponsored Links
without wishing to disrespect your previous reply sooting is quite normal on oil boilers but indicates it is out of 'tune' and requires a service to ensure maximum efficiency and safety by an experianced oil engineer (yes oftec would be nice).
As for anti rust stuff never heard of it :confused:

I have obvoiusly not read the manual, as I have never seen anything about rustproofing. The baffles would have to be cleaned much better than normal for rustproofing to be applied, and it is unlikely to survive the temperatures inside the boiler. If it is sooting well, rust will not form anyway, but you'll be wasting fuel too. Rusting won't be significant in a properly set up boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back