Ryobi Batteries

Yes you have misunderstood ;)

The multi charger charges each battery in turn to 100% and then switches off when all the batteries are at 100%. Then after one week, it supposedly switches itself back on and then checks the batteries (for their inherent nominal voltage drop), and then tops them up.

In the meantime, the batteries are presumably used to varying degrees before putting back on charge for the process to begin again.

Memory effect would only occur in specific circumstances with repetitive slight discharges to similar levels - which would be very hard to achieve in normal use of these tools

Sponsored Links
radio canes batteries surprised at that :eek: :eek: ?

can you put a fully charged battery on your radio at half volume please and time it
do this twice with different batteries and give me the running time i will do the same and report back

ok have had a the radio running at 4.5[out off 8] now on its 14th hour going strong
this is on a 4 or 5 year old battery fully charged [ 75 to 90% at a guess]
the rating on the radio off 0.3 amps would suggest around 5 hours on a full battery minimum as 5x0.3 = 1.5 ah

would suspect on half it will go on for days lol[30 hrs??]

ok gave up the ghost after 16 and a half hours on an old battery so 3 hrs suggest a big problem or a very very knackered battery or charger
the radio still worked but on lower volume
when i inserted the battery into a drill it turned about 1/4 turn then stopped so was dead but enough to work the radio

Sponsored Links
Slightly OT, but as the subject is Roybi batteries .....

So the One+ batteries are supposed to fit all the One+ tools, but I just found out that the lithium batteries don't fit the fluorescent light!

Looks like the yellow batteries have a chamfered front, and the lithiums don't

yes they do fit the fluro lamp but as you say the old uns taper they will fit in but a force fit lol
i have thought about shaving the fluro lamp to fit but as i have 5 nicads its not worth worrying about

tried the old radio test and hey presto suddenly it is all fine. It ran over night and after 14 hours i turned it off. I must have had a battery i though was fully charged and it obviously wasn't at all.

Isn't it funny how just one assumption like mine that it caned batteries will make you not use it.

tried the old radio test and hey presto suddenly it is all fine. It ran over night and after 14 hours i turned it off. I must have had a battery i though was fully charged and it obviously wasn't at all.

Isn't it funny how just one assumption like mine that it caned batteries will make you not use it.

this is why i say number the batteries
not because you will charge them in order you dont it to let you notice the good batteries or indeed the bad ones
also worth noting a different charger may charge better
i have a label beside each charger with all the batteries listed and charge times so you know the good and bad uns[quicker charge poor battery]

most people have 2 or 3 batteries 1 charger or possibly double that if 2 sets
i have
bosch 10.8v 3 chargers 7 batteries
bosch 14.4v 1 charger 2 batts
bosch 24v 2 chargers 6 batteries
ryobi 18v 3 chargers 9 batteries
dewalt 18v 3 chargers 10 batteies
so a bit off order means all but one battery holds a good charge oldest battery around 10 years old newest 1 year average 5 years old the fact they are still going strong tells you that looking after them is paying off
at the cost off 5 or 10 mins a day

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back