S Plan with 2 Pumps 1 Pump 24/7

6.5hrs a day when you don't need it!
Waiting for hot water for a bath or shower, or even at the kitchen sink is tolerable... When washing hands after using the loo or for covid hygiene... You want it "on tap" (pun intended).

Sponsored Links
Your central heating pump is only second to your fridge in power hungry appliances in your home, so you have connected up another pump to run for 6 and a half hours a day , as said good luck.
yes originally it was connected to run 24\7 so I'm £'s in plus if I went for the time clock solution that was suggested I would set it to the same time ie 5.30 to 7.30 and 18:00 to 22:30 but I would then lose flexibility if I wanted to boost HW on say Saturday
6.5hrs a day when you don't need it!
Waiting for hot water for a bath or shower, or even at the kitchen sink is tolerable... When washing hands after using the loo or for covid hygiene... You want it "on tap" (pun intended).

The point is we ARE using the Hot Water during the time the pump is running, thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back