S Plan with 2 Pumps 1 Pump 24/7

I know how to read buddy.
And I posted accordingly.

You were talking twaddle and you didn't like being told.

It's obvious as mud to us mere professionals what you were befuddled over.

Talk about biting the hand that feeds you... not to worry too much though, you ain't the first and won't be the last.

Thing is, we do this for a living and anything we suggest is pretty much for your benefit!

Controlling secondary return pumps via PIRs is the most effective way of saving energy and getting DHW where you need it quickly... Usually toilet handwash basins.

Wind it in pal.

Sponsored Links
I doubt you do because you did not read the posts from the beginning you just jumped in guns blazing
The reason I came on this forum is to learn and ask questions so its pretty obviously I dont understand else I wouldn't ask would I?

Not sure why you are here though you seem to know everything so why waste your time except of course if you had a bad day at the "office" and your apprentice (God help him) or the cat weren't about for you to vent on

Anyway enough of this, nothing for me to wind in I'll jog on maybe you should do the same

Thanks again to all the people who helped to educate me tonight and of course thanks again Ian
>Blocked<
>Ignored<

I doubt you do because you did not read the posts from the beginning you just jumped in guns blazing
The reason I came on this forum is to learn and ask questions so its pretty obviously I dont understand else I wouldn't ask would I?

Not sure why you are here though you seem to know everything so why waste your time except of course if you had a bad day at the "office" and your apprentice (God help him) or the cat weren't about for you to vent on

Anyway enough of this, nothing for me to wind in I'll jog on maybe you should do the same

Thanks again to all the people who helped to educate me tonight and of course thanks again Ian
>Blocked<
>Ignored<
To be fair, you are asking for free advice from professionals, we make nothing from giving you this free advice, you have paid waht you call professionalls that gave you the wrong advice, sometimes it is better to take a step back and just think about what you are getting totally free :rolleyes:

Pleased I put you on the right track after interpreting your "twaddle";)
Personally I can't see why you cannot feed it from the H.W. on terminal of your programmer, but I'm not a sparkie. The boiler is controlled by a thermostat that feeds your zone valve, so there shouldn't be any backfeed issues.

Sponsored Links
Pleased I put you on the right track after interpreting your "twaddle";)
Personally I can't see why you cannot feed it from the H.W. on terminal of your programmer, but I'm not a sparkie. The boiler is controlled by a thermostat that feeds your zone valve, so there shouldn't be any backfeed issues.
Me Too, but I know Jack ;)

No problem with controlling Bronze pump from H/W on connection before the cyl stat.
It wll run continuously during an on period without affecting stat, M/v Or boiler.

No problem with controlling Bronze pump from H/W on connection before the cyl stat.
It wll run continuously during an on period without affecting stat, M/v Or boiler.
Excellent, that's great news which is actually what I wanted to do in the first place, could someone indicate where on this diagram I should connect it please, thanks

upload_2020-11-5_10-28-50-png.210281

Ok so I now have my DHW Circulating pump or secondary return pump wired to Hot Water as @oilhead & @Terrywookfit suggested what a fantastic simple and easy solution everything is working as I originally wanted without the expense of PIR's & Time Clocks!

Thanks to all those who helped me understand and offered a simple Twaddle-less solution
Cheers

But long wait for hot water to wash hands after a pee. Pointless having a recirc.

??
Seek first to understand
Hot water comes on 05.30 till 07.30
During the day we are out
its back on 18:00 goes off at 10:30 there is no wait when we want hot water... :)

??
Seek first to understand
Hot water comes on 05.30 till 07.30
During the day we are out
its back on 18:00 goes off at 10:30 there is no wait when we want hot water... :)
Well do what you want , it wont work properly, you ask for free advice , you get good advice but it is not what you want to hear so just change it, good luck

Your central heating pump is only second to your fridge in power hungry appliances in your home, so you have connected up another pump to run for 6 and a half hours a day , as said good luck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back