S Plan without HW Valve - fix it or leave it?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Can't work out how to delete the thread so I'll just edit it.

I think I have some sort of C plan system. How much would it cost to covert to a S plan and it is worth the cost? I have a Nest (edit: not Hive) installed if that makes a difference in terms of cost saving energy-wise.

Thanks.

Adrian

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
can you not wire the hot water side of the nest to the hot water switch (assuming you must have a separate switch to tell the hot water to come on) this will mean you control the hot water via the nest

All wired "correctly". The system is set up so that the if you want CH, you must have HW as well. Can't have CH only.

On more googling, I might have a C plan? Might make more sense in terms of the lack of wiring and 1 pump and 1 valve, but then the valve / pump combo should still be able to control HW and CH separately. I need to have a look at the pipe work when I get home.

Edit: If it's a C plan, how much would it cost to convert to a S plan? And is it worth it?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
All wired "correctly". The system is set up so that the if you want CH, you must have HW as well. Can't have CH only.

On more googling, I might have a C plan? Might make more sense in terms of the lack of wiring and 1 pump and 1 valve, but then the valve / pump combo should still be able to control HW and CH separately. I need to have a look at the pipe work when I get home.

Edit: If it's a C plan, how much would it cost to convert to a S plan? And is it worth it?

it cant be wired correctly.

you can have hot water without the heating,

it doesnt matter if you heat the hot water with the heating on aswell it doesnt make the boiler work harder or longer and doesnt cost you more, just means that you have hot water for longer.

if it is C plan https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/c-plan-with-british-gas-hive-2.451445/

Last edited:
My guess is that you have No plan.
Many systems were installed with just a zone valve to switch heating and no control of h/w.
The pump ran whenever the prog was on for w or htg.
what boiler is it and how many pipes

@Terrywookfit read his other post, the boiler is set to come on for HW , the heating is simply controlled by an existing room stat, that just opens the heating zone valve, the end switch is not wired in

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back