Safety issue? Replace.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Safety issues I can see the spring for the pin plug....? Would this pass an electric inspection?

Attachments

• IMG_20220623_173816.jpg
    IMG_20220623_173816.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 75
Sponsored Links
IF you consider it a pass/fail then it fails.

The inspection is a report, it would highlight that this socket needs replacing.
Given how cheap they I'd just do it.

Thank you... What about this one...?

Attachments

• IMG_20220404_065102.jpg
    IMG_20220404_065102.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 89
Sponsored Links
It's not a question of passing an inspection. It is broken.
I know they are dirt cheap not the point it is a hosing association so how did they pass in the first place.

I know I can buy and replace them piece of pixx but they do electricitial inspections annually and prior to lets well meant 2, Who'd thought a massive hole on the side was okay it was wider than what was needed lucky no young fingers where crawling around before other socket only noticed today as was hidden by the washing machine.

Things hidden behind washing machines are generally not going to be looked at during an inspection.

If you report the problems, they SHOULD get them seen to quite quickly, as housing association people do tend to panic about safety.

Then again, you may be with the more useless housing associations where nothing ever gets done.

It wouldn't have been hidden behind the machine when the property was void... I mean I had only just noticed as I have moved the machine( my machine nothing was covering it till I moved in)

I meant to mention it like the other but forgot.... They have inspections so I'd assume they would check every socket during that... Well meant too.. Aloy of things that are meant to be done weren't.

This socket just a chip away bit so.... Not mad about that as it happens whynit wasn't replaced when void if it happened I was defo mad about the other as its the mentality in that a trained electrician just left a wider gap than what was needed big enough for little fingers.

its floor/crawl level as well but should have been done better / picked up on inspection be that HA or electrician I'd assume there a qualified one here would you have cracked it that wide...

Aren't they actual ones you can by for that aka coming from old spur where the wires fits through nice and tight.? If not dragon den here I come lol

I ain't mad as I know electric bad lol but the mentality is abit like wow.

It's very poor to leave to leave the electrics like that after an inspection, common sense would be just to replace and repair as necessary.

I've seen how these HA electricians do inspections.
They check the consumer unit with their equipment and send the bored apprentice around to check sockets, light fittings and smoke alarms.
At best they check the cooker connection.
The apprentice must've been busy updating his Facebook page with what shoes he was wearing.

Folks, explain why the socket needs replacing, please quote the relevent regs on it if you can, that way the OP has something more
to be able to go back at the HA with.

Folks, explain why the socket needs replacing ...
It' physically broken/damaged - is that not an adequate explanation as to why it obviously needs to be replaced?
, please quote the relevent regs on it if you can, that way the OP has something more
to be able to go back at the HA with.
See above. We're talking about common sense here - not regs or inspections!

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back