Safety of Rwanda (Asylum and Immigration) Draft Bill

Are we discussing the new bill or the bias views of those who don't voters conservative?

- the Bill is not a manifesto pledge so it cannot be fast tracked through the lords. It will get stuck.
- the right wing in the Conservative Party are a minority. Unfortunately they stoke the opinions of many.

The only way Rishi is getting the boot, is if they think they can win with Rishi 2.0 whoever that is. If they lose, Rishi gets the boot anyway and they have 5 years to get their act together

Sponsored Links
I truly hope they have a confidence vote, defenestrate Rish! to the sound of wailing Centrists and a Mariachi Band then bring in Farrage to lead the Party ever onwards to the sunlit uplands among the unicorns. Bring popcorn. It's gonna be mad.

Are we discussing the new bill or the bias views of those who don't voters conservative?

This thread is simply looking at the contradictory Rwanda bill

The bill effectively overrides international law but at the same time still staying party to internatiomal law…..I just don’t understand Sunaks strategy, it will inevitably get stuck in the courts for ages.

the right wing in the Conservative Party are a minority
But they yield great power, that’s the problem.

especially since Sunak got his leadership by giving Braverman a cabinet job in exchange for her votes….which were the right of the party

Sponsored Links
This thread is simply looking at the contradictory Rwanda bill

The bill effectively overrides international law but at the same time still staying party to internatiomal law…..I just don’t understand Sunaks strategy, it will inevitably get stuck in the courts for ages.

It will, but not for the reasons you say.

Remember parliament make law, courts interpret. If courts get it "wrong" according to parliament, parliament changes law.

If it was me trying to make this work. I'd go about it completely differently.
Lease some land from Rwanda and make it a British overseas territory. Think Hong Kong from china on a much smaller scale.
Establish a British overseas illegal imigrant detention and processing centre.
Employ lots of Rwandans to run it.
Transfer all illegals to my new processing centre.

It would probably cost around £30,000 per person. All the Human rights lawyers can stay in bed.

Are you seriously suggesting our country and most of the western world is in the current state because of something someone posted on Facebook.
Are you seriously suggesting you have zero clue of the power of social media? Or have you posted that as a joke?

The bill wont succeed because you cant exclude the courts power to intervene. If a law were passed sauing planning permission would be granted on payment of a fee to the conservative party, it would be deemed illegal by a court, Same with breach of international law on rawanda. Even rawanda is now saying it wont accept asylum seekers if we leave the echr, you couldn't make this bolleaux up. Braverman destined to be a t the sidelines of politics for ever, or if she's lucky a late night spot on gn noows.

Blup

Dark rumblings can be heard after the resignation of Robert Jenrick, according to Chris Mason. Murmerings of unquiet discontent about the behaviour of Rish! and a no confidence vote hangs in the fetid air, waiting to rain down chaos and confusion.
Either that or a bad curry was consumed in the canteen.
£140 million spent and nothing of any note has been achieved which sounds about right for this shower of Tory sh!te; still 20 points behind in the polls. One more year and they'll be gone.
Fagarse might emerge from the jungle yet to lead the party. :ROFLMAO:

the right wing of the party are out of control.

I guess they know they are going to lose and so they just don’t care.

This country desperately needs to get rid of this destructive right wing populism.
I still can't get my head around the fact that this government have been stirring up the electorate, for years, over what, 25,000 boat arrivals claiming asylum when there's over 1,000,000 immigrants which they have approved.

The courts will stop the Rwanda scheme and any other scheme that goes against agenda 30.
What on earth has agenda 39 got to do with it? You could explain yourself, for once.

What on earth has agenda 39 got to do with it? You could explain yourself, for once.
I asked him about Agenda 30 a day or so ago. The response..... I'm still waiting.

I suspect it's something to do with aliens or UFOs. :rolleyes:
He might be confusing Area 51 with Agenda 30.

if you think we should be like Russia and not be in ECHR, then enjoy wallowing in your own ignorance
They used to be up until about September 2022.
They were booted out of the Council of Europe, then 6 months later they were excluded from the ECHR.
However the ECHR wilkl still consider cases that ocurred up until their exclusion.

Edit, some 17,500 cases outstanding.

Sponsored Links
Back