Saga cruises

At the start of the pandemic 2 big stories were of cruise liners that were locked down because of it, I think one in America and another near Japan?

As mentioned, my parents are seasoned cruisers and no loner go - many cruise liners use air blown heating which spreads viruses pretty quickly. Plus, with communal dining and large kitchens, any infections quickly spread. I think they were partly locked down in their last cruise because of an outbreak of gastroenteritis.

Sponsored Links
Hotbed of germs, those cruise liners. :whistle:

Last year we were on a cruise and for a bit of exercise we walked everywhere and gave the lifts a miss. Anyway, the wife, who works in a hospital is obsessive with germs especially on a ship and kept telling me not to run my hand down the handrails. Got right on my tits so to prove there was nothing wrong with the handrail, I gave it a big long lick as we went down the stairs. Wrong move. Sick as a ****ing dog from both ends for two days! It was a right 'told you so' moment for her. :mad:

Blimey Guv, I doubt Boris has ever performed as big a U turn as you just did there.(y)

Not really a u-turn, Filly. Remember there are a few big 'ifs' in what I said and I'm sceptical about the possible lies, damn lies and statistics in all of this. But having a floating petri dish miles from land/home full of old codgers all breathing in each other's Corona (assuming it's as prevalent as the authorities say) could be bad news for the sick bay. But then you won't see me anywhere near a SAGA cruise or vaccine any time soon.

My worry is that vaccine will be forced for places where it makes no sense to enforce it. Essential places like supermarkets and pubs.

Last edited:
Cruise liners have always been a Petri dish of infection.
You'd be nuts to go on one without a jab
Given the average age of saga customers, it would be mental

Sponsored Links
My worry is that vaccine will be forced for places where it makes no sense to enforce it. Essential places like supermarkets and pubs.
Forced? Nonsense. No one is insisting you go to the pub or supermarket, those are decisions that you are free to take. It makes perfect sense however, to prevent selfish anti-vaxer idiots from infecting the community via their ignorance and ridding them from shared indoor public places and amenities.

But having a floating petri dish miles from land/home full of old codgers all breathing in each other's Corona (assuming it's as prevalent as the authorities say) could be bad news for the sick bay.
We've done a few cruises and whenever I’ve suggested a cruise, the possibility of a breakout of Norovirus has been one of Mrs Motties main concerns that we argue about before booking. The other one was that she was frightened that a ship would tip over. I told her that just couldn’t happen and when it did, it took me 6 years to get her back on to one of them. Now with Corona, I doubt if I’ll get her back on a ship ever again.

I’m not sure a modern HVAC system is more or less likely to spread the virus. The issue is being indoors with lots of vulnerable people in a confined space.

the cruise industry is set to relaunch in the autumn

Perhaps those who have had the jab, could be issued with a little gold lapel badge - a syringe. You flash the badge to get in - I can see a whole black market developing in the badges :)

Or, maybe supermarkets could have different opening times for each group, first for the "I've Been Vaccinated" group, then afterwards for the "I don't give a **** if my mum/nan gets it and dies, and I won't wear a mask either" group?

Or, maybe supermarkets could have different opening times for each group, first for the "I've Been Vaccinated" group, then afterwards for the "I don't give a **** if my mum/nan gets it and dies, and I won't wear a mask either" group?

Check out staff would have to be kamikaze volunteers, or fellow conspiracy theory supporters.

Sponsored Links
Back