Cruise thread.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We're off on a cruise tomorrow. Norwegian Fjords on the P&O Azura. We went on that in 2011 on a Caribbean cruise. We’ve been on half a dozen or more cruises but always to hot places. Looks like this time the weather is going to be.....cooler! Quite looking forward to it though. Any cruisers on here?

Sponsored Links
The only cruise I would entertain would be on the heurtigreten (spelling) up the Norwegian coast, cruising in general leaves me dead cold.

Not one for cruises either but a big fan of Norway. And the temps in Aug are the best, you'll easily get over 20oC, even in the Fjords. Just like a British summer :)

Oh, and say 'tusen takk', (thousand thankyou's). Looked on favourably by the Norwegians! Got me through 14 months of living there it did.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Done two Norwegian cruises accompanying the in laws , scenery is fantastic, do the Flam rail trip if you can, very expensive on land

Just entering week 3 of my Dodecanese cruise. Just a 12m sailing boat though.

Well, back home now, cruise over. :(

I’ve got to say though, it was one of the best cruises we’ve been on. Funnily enough, it’s the only cruise I’ve ever been on where all the ports were in the same country. The weather was kind for us - it was supposed to be raining every day but we had the most glorious weather. Until last night. **** me, it was like being a cork in a giant washing machine and at one point, I really thought we’d hit another ship. Such a crash, I was only half asleep but it woke me right up. Wifey says it was the ship crashing down after cresting a particularly large wave somewhere in the English Channel. It wasn’t a small ship either!

Here’s the wife on our balcony to give you an idea of the size.

The food in the main restaurants was of a very high standard but the speciality restaurants (surcharge payable) was just something else.

Some people say they can be like holiday camps and to a certain degree some of them can be but there’s plenty of quiet places to go and if you can afford it, the extra price for a balcony suite is worth the extra in my view as you can just sit there and watch the world go by. There was plenty to do, something for everyone. One day we visited a glacier.

Here a sample programme of the goings on on one of the days.

Like others, I was apprehensive about taking our first cruise many years ago but all I can say is, don’t knock it until you’ve tried it.

Like others, I was apprehensive about taking our first cruise many years ago but all I can say is, don’t knock it until you’ve tried it

Many thanks - the pics and programme all really interesting :)

Surprising to see a seminar on puffy eyes!

Not keen on sea cruising, quite like river cruises though, did St Petersburg to Moscow last year, very interesting, ordinary grub though, looking at the Douro next year

I went on a similar fjords cruise a couple of year ago. Lying in bed at night the missus would say what an odd hour for staff to be shifting beer barrels! It was the waves hitting the ship's side she could hear :) :)

Lucky there was all those 'foreign types' on board to look after you ;)

I thought he was on the same cruise - I saw one of the cabin boys walking along with a set of jump leads. “What are you trying to start?” I asked him. “An argument”. He said.

Sponsored Links
Back