Sainsburys and British gas offer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Planning a new boiler this summer.
My wife picked up a leaflet from Sainsburys advertising a new installation in partnership with BG.
Has anyone here had a visit and quote from them recently ?
From this forum I understand BG were overpriced.

Regards

Sponsored Links
Get a price but also get two local independents/sole traders to quote and don't be bullied into signing on the night.

Nothing more than cross selling. BG and Sainsburys have been in bed for a few years now.

From this forum I understand BG were overpriced.

Regards

Most of the so-called plumbers and gas installers on this site are in direct competition with British Gas so they're always going to say BG are over priced.

:)

Sponsored Links
Bg may sometimes seem overpriced but if you see the hoops they jump through to comply with laws and regulations then you might understand why, all that cost money which I'm afraid is passed on to the customer. Simple business. The independents will vary, some good, some bad, some extremely good. Just get detailed quotes as to what they are exactly going to do for the money. For example if someone sends you a quote along the lines of.... Replace boiler.. £2600 then I'd be a bit wary. My customers get a fully detailed quote that states what I will do and won't.
Above all be satisfied that the guys doing the job will do it properly, this does not come from having a big business, BG have in the past used contractors that are just not up to the job. Some independents are also not up to It.
As best as you can take advice from friends, family, workmates as to who they have used and if they have done a job that lasts, best way forward.

Also, If you do get a boiler from British Gas, you can get smart meters fitted as well.

Currently the only way to ask and get a smart meter is when paying for a new boiler.

Disclaimer: The sales representative doesn't know about the installation of a smart meter, so therefor he/she CANNOT guarantee you having one installed.

Most of the so-called plumbers and gas installers on this site are in direct competition with British Gas

I wouldn't exactly call it competition :LOL:

I actually prefer it if customer has already had BG in....
how long warranty did they offer?
what controls did they recommend? modulation? WC? No??
How much??
game over...

:p :p :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back