salt on wall about 1/2 to 2 meters from ground behind boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
*edit* title should read 1 and a 1/2 to 2 meters from ground..wouldn't let me change it :oops: guesstimation as i have no tape measure either :oops:

Due to a problem with my boiler i've noticed that there are salt deposits on the wall behind the boiler :eek:

now this area has no plaster....

there are no signs of damp anywhere below the boiler..no smell, no tide marks ,no flakey or bubbled paint, no signs of salt anywhere other than the parts that have no plaster around the edges and behind the boiler

is it due to the heat from the boiler somehow affecting the brick work?

really wish i never bought this house it's been a nightmare since day 1 :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sponsored Links
Surface salts are from moisture drying out of the wall. Not normally a problem

It could be natural due to heat from the boiler, or from a previous soaking. If there is no leaking, then you can ignore it

i brushed some away a while ago on the side of the boiler...didn't know what it was back then and it's never come back..

must be the heat from the boiler... i'll keep an eye on it :unsure:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back