Salus EP200 & Stat RT300RF wiring question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I’m hoping someone can point me in the right direction; sorry, it’s another room stat question!!

I upgraded my motorised Hoorstman 423 Diamond programmer with the Salus EP200 and also added a RF room stat (the Salus RT300RF) as I did not have room stat control before, just boiler on/off at selected times.

Although I believed I carefully noted down all the connections prior to disconnection, the addition of the RF room stat wiring has thrown me somewhat.

My system is gravity fed hot water with pumped heating (there are no motorised valves). I initially wired up the programmer first in this manner (please note – Neutrals and Earth removed for clarity):

Pump ‘Live’ to T4 on the programmer and Boiler ‘Live’ to T3.

This seems to work fine, but is the following the correct wiring/changes to install the room stat:

Run permanent feeds from programmer’s L & N to receiver L (not ‘live in’?) & N. Run wire from ‘Live in’ of receiver to T2. Move pump live from T4 and also wire to T2.

Run wire from connection on receiver SL(on) to T4 of the programmer?

Does this appear correct?

Final thing; do I need to keep the link between the permanent live and the live in connections on the receiver?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Jon.

Sponsored Links
do I need to keep the link between the permanent live and the live in connections on the receiver?
Yes

My system is gravity fed hot water with pumped heating (there are no motorised valves).
Have you set the jumper on the back to (G)ravity?

I initially wired up the programmer first in this manner:

Pump ‘Live’ to T4 on the programmer and Boiler ‘Live’ to T3.
That's correct.

Run permanent feeds from programmer’s L & N to receiver L (not ‘live in’?) & N. Run wire from ‘Live in’ of receiver to T2. Move pump live from T4 and also wire to T2.

Run wire from connection on receiver SL(on) to T4 of the programmer?
Don't think so!

The RT300RF terminals are labelled: L, N, SL (off) and SL(on)

Connect as follows: T4 to receiver L; N to receiver N; Receiver SL(on) to pump live.

Explanation:

In the summer (HW only), the boiler is controlled from Terminal 3 (HW ON; the pump does not work so no heating.

In the winter (CH and HW), the boiler is turned on from terminal 3 and the pump is controlled by the thermostat, which is fed from terminal 4 (CH ON).

The only problem with this arrangement is that the HW temperature is determined by the boiler temperature, so if you need the boiler set high for heating purposes, the tap water may be too hot for comfort and safety. The only way round this is to fit a thermostatically controlled valve in the HW circuit.

Many thanks for the reply.

Yes jumper is set to gravity.

Can I just confirm then; I am to move the pump 'live' from T4 to another or leave as is?

Thanks

Can I just confirm then; I am to move the pump 'live' from T4 to another or leave as is?

To repeat what I wrote: Connect as follows: T4 to receiver L; N to receiver N; Receiver SL(on) to pump live.

Sponsored Links
Yeah, I think major stupid moment came over me.

I understood everything up to connecting the pump live as I think i'd confused myself from similar postings on this where they had stated to move pump to a spare terminal and connect SL(on) to it, etc.

Effectively there are no spare terminals on this unit (despite no wires in T1 or T2) that can be used to join the pump live and SL(on) together without affecting operation. So I am to to join these two outside of a terminal connector with scotch block or similar.

I hope I'm not missing something else!!

Much appreciated for your time.

Effectively there are no spare terminals on this unit (despite no wires in T1 or T2) that can be used to join the pump live and SL(on) together without affecting operation. So I am to to join these two outside of a terminal connector with scotch block or similar.
Hope this does not confuse you, but I am going to change the wiring. The reason for this is that, using the method I gave earlier, the receiver gets turned off when the programmer is set to off. This is not a good idea as the control unit will be trying to find it and may loose connection.

We will follow the volt free diagram!

Remove the link on the Receiver

Remove pump Live wire from programmer T4 and connect it to the receiver NO terminal (top right)

Run a new 3 core cable cable from programmer to the receiver.

Connect Brown (live) to programmer L and receiver L (bottom right).

Connect Blue to programmer N and receiver N (bottom left)

Connect third core to programmer T4 and receiver COM ( top centre).

If you cannot get proper 3-core cable and have to use 2-core plus earth, make sure that the earth wire has red sleeving or insulating tape round each end to show it is a live wire.

You're an absolute legend - works a treat!!!

Thanks so much for taking your time out to help. You have saved me considerable stress, not to mention nagging from the GF.

All the best

Jon.

Can Someone help me
I have the same setup Gravity fed water, pump for CH
I have Salus controller RT300F wired as follows
Pump to NO (top right)
Boiler to common (middle)
T4 from programmer to NO
T3 from programmer to Common

Water works fine
With CH on pump on all the time?

I have set jumper to gravity

HELP!

Hi

I think I fixed it!
I had the T4 and pump both in NO
Now I have the Pump in NO and T4 in COM

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back