Salus rt500rf receiver faulty - red light but no green light

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, complete novice here.. after doing some searching I found an old post which has alerted me to the fact that the problem with my boiler not responding to the salus rt500rf thermostat display monitor is most likely the receiver, as it is displaying the red light (& is therefore receiving power) but not the green light (so not receiving signal from thermostat display monitor).

I have taken both down and assessed the wires in the receiver which seem to be okay, as well as adjusting the frequency on both receiver and display monitor. Neither have worked. I have also assessed the plug wires & was considering changing the fuse but I don't see how the fuse could have blown if the receiver has a power supply (is this right?).. oh and put in new batteries to the thermostat display monitor to boot.

Next move anyone? greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Is the thermostat calling for heat, and is the flickering flame symbol in the bottom left corner of the display showing?

Is the thermostat calling for heat, and is the flickering flame symbol in the bottom left corner of the display showing?

Hi stem.. yes the flickering flame symbol is present on the thermostat (and this is why I have assumed that it is calling for heat, I'm hoping that is a correct assumption?!)

So the thermostat is calling for heat. If the red light on the receiver is 'on' then there is power at the receiver, but it is not picking up the signal from the thermostat. If it was you will hear a click and the green light should come on.

OK, try this.

1. Switch off the the slider control on the receiver.
2. At the thermostat, press both the 'up' and 'down' arrow keys at the right side of the display simultaneously and keep them pressed until the display goes off.
3. Return to the receiver and switch the slider control to on.
4. Wait about 30 seconds.
5. Press any one of the 3 buttons on the thermostat.

Wait until the flame appears again. has the receiver switched on now?

Sponsored Links
So the thermostat is calling for heat. If the red light on the receiver is 'on' then there is power at the receiver, but it is not picking up the signal from the thermostat. If it was you will hear a click and the green light should come on.

OK, try this.

1. Switch off the the slider control on the receiver.
2. At the thermostat, press both the 'up' and 'down' arrow keys at the right side of the display simultaneously and keep them pressed until the display goes off.
3. Return to the receiver and switch the slider control to on.
4. Wait about 30 seconds.
5. Press any one of the 3 buttons on the thermostat.

Wait until the flame appears again. has the receiver switched on now?

Unfortunately nope it hasn't worked! Any further ideas? Thanks for the advice by the way!

When you changed the frequency did you...

1. Turn off the mains supply to the receiver, which means the main supply, not the slider, and also remove the batteries from the thermostat?
2. Press 'reset' afterwards?
3. Check that the switches / jumpers are set the right way around? So, for the jumpers that are missing, the corresponding switches are 'off' down. [Jumper missing = switch set to off]

When you changed the frequency did you...

1. Turn off the mains supply to the receiver, which means the main supply, not the slider, and also remove the batteries from the thermostat?
2. Press 'reset' afterwards?
3. Check that the switches / jumpers are set the right way around? So, for the jumpers that are missing, the corresponding switches are 'off' down. [Jumper missing = switch set to off]

Stem you are a genius! I had done all of the above with exception to taking the batteries from the thermostat monitor... I see green light... extremely happy!!!! (should have spoken to you before spending an hour taking the whole thing apart!)

Excellent! Thanks for taking the time to reply as it can help anyone who comes along later searching for help with the same problem.

• Thanks
Reactions: DP
Yes! Top man stem, worked a treat with powering everything down and removing batteries!

hey stem, gemma lew and Andrew Thomas. I also have a similar problem. how do I change the radio frequency on the receiver and monitor?

Hi benggee and welcome to the forum. If you look on page 9 of the manual here, it tells you how to do it. Make sure you follow every step closely, otherwise it won't work.

A thank you by clicking on thanks icon to Stem would have been nice.
Sign of times when people forget simple things to express gratitude
Can see Stem is not bothered

Hi DP

It's quite possible benggee, hasn't seen it yet, but even if he has, it didn't take long for me to post a link to the instructions and looking at the thread it seems to have helped others so maybe even more will find it in the future when looking for help with the same thing.

It does bother me a bit when I spend quite some time working out the wiring of a system from a posters photos and sometimes writing a lengthy reply or even making a sketch for them that there is no response whatsoever, like this example from last week.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back