Salus rt500rf receiver faulty - red light but no green light

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good, glad you resolved it, and thanks for the update, it may help those who search for help with the same problem.

Sometimes the thermostat wrongly gets the blame when the boiler doesn't come on.

Sponsored Links
Just wanted to say OH MY GOD thank you!!

Been freezing all day, new house don't know how to use thermostat. Had exact same problem with receiver red light. Did your thing and then removed batteries and re set..... radiators heating up nicely!! Thank you so much

Hi Stem, batteries went on the thermostat whilst out at work. Came home and no heating obviously!... have replaced batteries and down everything advised and I still can’t get a green light. Help!

Have you tried a reset by doing the following, follow all of the steps carefully:

1) Turn off the grey slider switch on the receiver

2) Turn off the mains supply to the receiver. (It should be connected to the same fused connection unit as the boiler.)

3) Remove the batteries from the thermostat and wait 30 seconds

4) Replace the batteries in the thermostat, check they are inserted the right way around.

5) Press 'reset' on the thermostat, and make sure it is set to a high enough temperature to switch the boiler on. (ie higher than the ambient temperature)

6) Switch on the mains supply to the receiver

7) Slide the receiver's grey switch to 'on' and wait for several minutes.

If the boiler still doesn't come on then:

Is the thermostat display showing the temperature etc?
Is the little flickering flame symbol showing at the bottom of the display?
Is the red power light on the receiver on?
Is the green light on?

Sponsored Links
You are a superstar!!.... it came
Straight on after syncing..... let’s see ifts on when we get back in from work!! Thank you so much! You ought to charge for your time!!!

Stem, it’s not worked after all! The green light flashed on when I first turned it on then went straight off, and I have had the ‘hand’ sign over riding the auto programme to keep it on constant, and it’s not been on at all! The flame sign was there at first then went straight off.... stuck now! ... and cold!

What temperature is is set at when you first press one of the arrow keys? and what happens when you turn it up to 30 degrees by just using the up arrow?

I don't remember a hand sign. Is it a RT500RF?

Looking at this thread as trying to 'fix' my thermostat also. Box is constantly showing LO temp and flame always on in bottom corner. Got a red and green light on receiver with boiler but don't understand why heating is always on, house is like a sauna! Can anyone help?

1) First of all, are you sure you have a Salus RT500RF as shown below.

RT500RF.jpg

The reason I ask is because I can't recall ever seeing 'LO temp' showing on a RT500RF thermostat. If yours is, then:

2) have you followed the reset procedure carefully as outlined in my post above, so as not to miss anything?

3) One of your neighbours may have the same thermostat and it may be switching on your receiver. Try changing the RF address code setting. Details can be found on page 9 here.

The reason no one has replied before is because you have hijacked someone else's thread, and your post is buried away at the bottom of an old one. Folks won't bother treking all the way through previous posts to find yours.

For future reference it's best to create your own new thread and then it is highlighted as being unanswered and people will see it immediately.

This was amazing. We were in a bad spot with the storm coming and it just stopped working. Thank you Stem!!! If we hadn't found this and gotten it working my kids would have been freezing tonight and we'd of had to do something that would of cost loads of money we don't have at the moment. ITS STILL HELPING. PLEASE LEAVE THIS THREAD AS ITS STILL HELPING OTHERS EVEN NOW

When you changed the frequency did you...

1. Turn off the mains supply to the receiver, which means the main supply, not the slider, and also remove the batteries from the thermostat?
2. Press 'reset' afterwards?
3. Check that the switches / jumpers are set the right way around? So, for the jumpers that are missing, the corresponding switches are 'off' down. [Jumper missing = switch set to off]

Hi I have the altech C014 and it was all working fine a week ago now the heating not switching on and no green light on the receiver but have the flame on the controller. Have tried all the reset tips 8 could find in this thread but still no joy. Would I be better off replacing it for a different brand and model?

Hi I have the altech C014 and it was all working fine a week ago now the heating not switching on and no green light on the receiver but have the flame on the controller. Have tried all the reset tips 8 could find in this thread but still no joy. Would I be better off replacing it for a different brand and model?
You will have to start a new thread, this thread has been hi-jacked so many times , it is against site rules , and for good reason, you wont get the right advice if you hi-jack a thread, not all RF switches are the same, lots of the advice on this thread doesnt apply to your unit

When you changed the frequency did you...

1. Turn off the mains supply to the receiver, which means the main supply, not the slider, and also remove the batteries from the thermostat?
2. Press 'reset' afterwards?
3. Check that the switches / jumpers are set the right way around? So, for the jumpers that are missing, the corresponding switches are 'off' down. [Jumper missing = switch set to off]

Hello,
I have an issue with my Salus thermostat (model ST320RF). All of the sudden, the lights on the main have gone blue and red (dimmed) and the heating stopped working. I have to mention that we had to turn off the electricity a few times today, I am not sure if this had an impact on it? Any ideas what the problem could be, please? It starts to get cold in the house and the Salus support team are not in until Monday. Thank you!

Hello,
I have an issue with my Salus thermostat (model ST320RF). All of the sudden, the lights on the main have gone blue and red (dimmed) and the heating stopped working. I have to mention that we had to turn off the electricity a few times today, I am not sure if this had an impact on it? Any ideas what the problem could be, please? It starts to get cold in the house and the Salus support team are not in until Monday. Thank you!

Hello Oana, You have hi-jacked a 4 year old thread and would have been better starting your own, however, it could be in fail-safe mode?

Attachments

• 7EDA3220-CB7F-45C9-A484-DECA5A5060A1.png
    7EDA3220-CB7F-45C9-A484-DECA5A5060A1.png
    479 KB · Views: 80
Hello Oana, You have hi-jacked a 4 year old thread and would have been better starting your own, however, it could be in fail-safe mode?
Hi! Thank you for your reply! Sorry, I am new here. I have looked at your attachment, but it's not that. The lights on the receiver are solid blue and red and they won't change no matter in what position the switches are. We've tried everything, the lights will not change. Not even after resetting or turning the power off. Just cannot understand what happened?! :( Thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back