sanding floorboards without industrial floor sander.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently hires an industrial floor sander to sand my living room floorboads to great effect.

I now plan to sand my hall boards but I will be unable to use the same hired sander because my hall is 3 ft wide and the boards run across the hall.

If I have enough time, is it possible to sand the floorboards with a smaller domestic belt sander or orbital sander? If so, which will would be best?

The boards are level because they are new, so I don't need to take too much off the top to give a flat surface.

Any suggestions would be really helpful.

Thanks,

Matt

Sponsored Links
belt sander is the way to go, are they screwed down? Might be easier taking them up one by one and doing them on a workbench.

Matty - hire a 4" belt sander (something like a Makita) and unless your hall is 30' long shouldn't take too much time or effort, especially as your boards are new/clean. A cheapo sander from a DIY shed might do the job if the hall is miniscule and you'll probably burn it out; hire a decent one for less.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back