sandtoft 20/20 interlocking tiles help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

hoping someone can help shed some light on an issue im having.

Im up to tiling my roof on a signal storey extention the roof pitch is 15 degrees but when im coming to put the first tiles in place im only getting a 10 degrees pitch on the tiles and their not sitting flush.

the battens aren't fixed in place yet as im just getting the facias on but cant because of the tiles.

my battens are at 15 degress but when tiled the pitch is more like 10.....

any help would be great..

Sponsored Links
The angle at which the tile is seated is taken into account when manufacturers dole out their recommended minimum rafter pitch.

The fascia board should be deep enough so that it provides enough kick to allow the first course of tiles to sit 'naturally'.

As Catlad has said, the fascia may be too deep as to lift the first tile beyond the correct seating angle.

Sponsored Links
Hi, I am the technical Manager at Sandtoft and we spotted your request for info on our 20/20 roof tiles. Firstly, your other replies are correct - you must set the fascia height so that the first course sits at the same angle as the subsequent courses. Also, you must remember that if the roof pitch is 15 degrees, then the actual tile angle is about 4 degrees less than that - check this as you tile up the roof by setting your angle finder on the rafter and than doing the same on the tile face - you will see the difference.
You must also make sure that the underlay does not sag behind the fascia - it should supported on a board or plastic support tray.
Let me know if you any more questions - just ask. Happy tiling!!

Hi, I am the technical Manager at Sandtoft and we spotted your request for info on our 20/20 roof tiles. Firstly, your other replies are correct - you must set the fascia height so that the first course sits at the same angle as the subsequent courses. Also, you must remember that if the roof pitch is 15 degrees, then the actual tile angle is about 4 degrees less than that - check this as you tile up the roof by setting your angle finder on the rafter and than doing the same on the tile face - you will see the difference.
You must also make sure that the underlay does not sag behind the fascia - it should supported on a board or plastic support tray.
Let me know if you any more questions - just ask. Happy tiling!!

They're watching our every move :S

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back