Saniflo bust, repairs?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I purchased a property and inherited a saniflo, whi has not exactly been trouble free (mostly blockages due to stuff being put down it and the installers having used a 90 degree elbow joint for the outflow).
However, the motor has now died (nothing blocking it, and the blades only turn about 20 degrees slowly before stopping).
I basically have two questions!

1: Whats the best way to empty the bugger?
2: anyone had any experience of doctor saniflohttp://doctor-saniflo.co.uk/prices....d (other than moving house! :) ) Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Get a new one and be done with it, as for emptying it you'll have to be creative, but you'll need a bucket and some decent gloves

These "dedicated companies" can cost as much as a new unit. Just bite the bullet and change it.
How to empty it as above ;)

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice, seen a couple of Sanipluses about for around £350 (think mine has been in for 10-20 years).
Thankfully after the last problem, I have been much more careful about when I use that bathroom, so it was not too bad!

If it's lasted 10 years it's done extremely well, if it's lasted 20 years that's almost a miracle...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back