Saniflo smells

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A saniflo slimline system was fitted last year to our new ensuite.It served the shower , toilet & washbasin. We get smells from the macerator , the air vent is just a pipe with a domed top but no other valve. We think that this is the source of the smell , should this black rubber pipe on top of the unit have some kind of ball valve?

Sponsored Links
The vent pipe should go to outside air :eek: . I only ever installed 1 of those monstrosities, and hidden in the instructions was the need to supply+ fit a suitable pipe to vent outside. ;)

Do they really have a carbon filter :mad: The whole concept is so gross, yet I`ve used a privy when I was a nipper :eek: Perhaps I`m getting squeamish in my old age.

Sponsored Links
A saniflo slimline system was fitted last year to our new ensuite.It served the shower , toilet & washbasin. We get smells from the macerator , the air vent is just a pipe with a domed top but no other valve. We think that this is the source of the smell , should this black rubber pipe on top of the unit have some kind of ball valve?

Get Rid of it and use a bucket less hastle,Why o why do people fit these should be outlawed .

Either vent to outside or the carbon filter has been omitted / or not performing.
You sure the lids fitted correctly as well with the seal.

Apparently Saniflo have their own engineers,imagine what they have to deal with on a daily basis? ugh!

nothing like a well blocked sani or drain.

this is one i had about six yr ago lovely.

Image002.jpg

Image001.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back