SAT NAVs My A**E!

ever heard of a map book and planning your route? Still satnavs are much quicker, when they send you the long way round :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Why allow the thing to send you the long way around?
Just set the salient points from your paper or it's map then nav from point to point... It does work.

Hi Conny, you probably selected the shortest route option. I always selected the fastest route. Did the shortest route coming back from Oldham to Derby once. Lovely scenic route with great views of rural Derbyshire, much like your route. Small B roads and one track lanes in the middle of nowhere. Took me down the A6 for a few miles then turn right off it for 4 miles then back on to it again. Took me 3 3/4 hrs to get home. Fastest route took me all of 1hr and 50 mins.

Had fun last year driving a 7.5 tonne lorry. I downloaded an application to allow it to avoid low bridges and narrow roads. Yeah right, 3 miles down a road and come to a bridge 12ft 6" restriction,,, Lorry was 13ft 4", manage to turn round and it's going mad for the next 4 miles " Turn around when possible".
Just one other thing with sat navs,,, Anyone find they lose the satellites in built up areas like London, Bristol, Birmingham etc?? Mine does,,, Very frustrating when you've never been there before.

Sponsored Links
My usual method is to get the map out and plan my own route but this was a rush job so the team leader set it up for me. He got a bit :oops: this morning when I told him why I was claiming 1¼ hrs overtime. :LOL:

My usual method is to get the map out and plan my own route but this was a rush job so the team leader set it up for me. He got a bit :oops: this morning when I told him why I was claiming 1¼ hrs overtime. :LOL:
He set the sat nav up for you? I would say he mixed you a bottle, claim 3 hours inconvenience money :p :LOL:

Got my own back in a way today. Had to go and align a pump/motor, was told to expect it to take me about 3 hours or more. Got to site and the engineer had roughly set it up on the bedplate. Took a few measurements, tweaked a few fixing bolts, check again, everything spot on, full lock down, final check, test run, perfect!
Time taken, 45 minutes.
Client totally satisfied, stroll over to a colleagues office, (he is permanently based there), a bacon, sausage black pudding and tomato breakfast, couple of cups of coffe and a few fags later decide its time to head back to work.

"That job was a bitch! Nothing would line up and I struggled like a stuck pig. Got it in the end though."

"Thanks for that, book working your dinner but go and have it on the QT."

:LOL: :LOL:

Sounds similar to when I was working, mutual headworking, just try to be at least one step ahead :LOL: :LOL:

To boost my income, (and keep my youngest in uni fees), I drive a mate's artic at weekends.

The best £20 I've spent recently is a Philips Navigator map, superb scale & detail.

I have borrowed sat navs on occasions, but I don't feel I can trust them, and they don't tell you where low bridges & weight limits are.

On a similar subject, I had to renew my driving licence photo last week because it was 10 years old

That'll be £20 then Mr Green, plus £4 for the photo booth. :evil:

On a similar subject, I had to renew my driving licence photo last week because it was 10 years old

That'll be £20 then Mr Green, plus £4 for the photo booth.

Some of us 'mature' drivers still have the paper one! :LOL: :LOL:

That'll be £20 then Mr Green, plus £4 for the photo booth.

Some of us 'mature' drivers still have the paper one! :LOL: :LOL:
What's this thread about? I'm all confused :LOL: :LOL:

You just want to get to the top of the 'Most Posts' lists you! :evil:

:LOL: :LOL:

For the mods;

Do we have such a list?
Be interesting if we did.

To boost my income, (and keep my youngest in uni fees), I drive a mate's artic at weekends.

The best £20 I've spent recently is a Philips Navigator map, superb scale & detail.

I have borrowed sat navs on occasions, but I don't feel I can trust them, and they don't tell you where low bridges & weight limits are.

That'll be £20 then Mr Green, plus £4 for the photo booth. :evil:
This is something I will never come to terms with, Muslim woman are granted driving licences wearing a burka, do they have to renew their licence every ten years?

Wotan

This is something I will never come to terms with, Muslim woman are granted driving licences wearing a burka, do they have to renew their licence every ten years?
It's an interesting question - since they dress the same as Batman, do they get special Batmobile licences?

dinnerdinnerdinnerdinner, dinnerdinnerdinnerdinner, BATMAN. :LOL: :LOL:

""This is something I will never come to terms with, Muslim woman are granted driving licences wearing a burka, do they have to renew their licence every ten years? ""

The way the muslim women drive round where I live,, I reckon there's only one that's passed their driving test or had lessons. So the vast majority must be using her licence. If stopped by the police,, how would the officer know who was driving??

Sponsored Links
Back