Driving on a friday

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
3 weeks ago i was sat in traffic waiting to get onto a roundabout when *BANG* a lady ran into the back of the firms van (2 doors damaged only). The apprentice spilt his hot tea on his :eek: and if it wasn't for the security cage i'd of had a 3 kva transformer lodged in my head. That morning we had heard on radio1 that your most likely to have an accident on a friday between something like 3 and 6pm. :confused:

Well, i now totally believe it.....tonight i was turning right at a roundabout when the roofing van beside me who was going straight on decided to cut across the front of me *BANG* there goes the wing mirror *SCRAPE* there goes the wing and half of the door and *BANG* there goes the other wing mirror as im pushed onto the roundabout and hit some sort of wooden sign, it really didn't sound good.
When he finally stopped up the road he said it was my fault !!!!! "i didn't even see you until i heard your horn" he said. After a few raised voices i replied i dont really care...... its friday, its not my van, heres my details im going home. Popped the wing mirrors in the back and im off.

Then not 2 mile up the road coming up to another roundabout at 50 the mondeo in front just kept on going, not even a flash of his brake lights,*BBAANNGG* straight into a sign post that virtually stopped it dead. I looked out of my window and said "S**T mate you all right?"
I FELL ASLEEP, I FELL ASLEEP he was shouting as he looked at his car and his male passenger just didn't know where he was, totally shocked. A few more people came to help and we pushed it onto the roundabout. And im back on the road.

Next Friday im going to be taking it real easy

Sponsored Links
scary stuff that. luckily ive been driving 2 years and only ever had one scratch on the bumper of my old car. touch wood ;)

wouldnt like to have been you. so far ive only had 1 minor accident (wasnt my fault). seen some bad crashes but never actually seen them happen

Been involved in 3 write-offs, watched my parked car being reversed into by another car, watched my parked car being run over by a bin-wagon, been jammed tight on a narrow country lane by an american t*sspot USAF major in a chevrolet, been rammed from behind 20 mins after collecting a hire car in sardinia, and the only time there was ever a claim on my insurance was when I claimed because my wife drove my new(ish) Cavalier along a gatepost!

Sponsored Links
Got my pride and joy back from the repairers on a friday evening after a laydee driver had rammed into the back of it. Monday night picked my wife up from work and stationary in traffic at a red light when another laydee driver runs into the back of me again. When asked what the **** she was doing, she replied 'I'm sorry about that, I wasn't watching, I was looking in my hand bag'. :eek: And driving a bl00dy car :?: :?: :?:

"POETS" - Push Off Early Tomorrow's Saturday.

The reason you are likely to have accidents on Friday afternoons is because a lot of people are driving drunk. Occasionally, I go out for drinks on a Friday afternoon. The pubs are packed, but so are the car-parks.

I mentioned this to a local taxi driver (on the way to a Friday afternoon drinking sesh!) and he reckoned he has seen people sink 10 pints and drive home for their tea.

Back