SAT NAVS

B

B.O.B DOLE

is it possible to download a file onto my sat nav which at the moment does not have speed trap detection

Sponsored Links
B.O.B DOLE said:
is it possible to download a file onto my sat nav which at the moment does not have speed trap detection
planning on doing abit of speeding?

Richardp said:
B.O.B DOLE said:
planning on doing abit of speeding?

can you had on to the sat nav any information like speed traps or is there a file like a radar file for this

Sponsored Links
LOL @ B.O.B
I have no idea ?sorry mate !

what make is your sat nav ?

then do a google search like I did below including the make/model

"download a file onto my "the make of your "sat nav "

I was reading the Sunday Mirror this morn an in the Motoring section ,

they had a women write in regarding her father getting a fixed penalty notice for speeding ,
an he never recieved his 1st letter an the second one came saying he recieved a notice to prosecute for an Alleged speeding offense from the saftey camera unit ,PO BOX 360,Cardiff ,
it claims as he failed to answer the 1st letter
(which didnt come ),
they still insist he recieved/was sent the 1st letter ,

the woman contacted them was told because he failed to answer the 1st summons he had to go to court ,
they the camera unit says they dont send summons by recorded delievery "as it wasnt their policy" !!!
any way Quentin Wilson says

the burden is on the safety camera unit that they prove they sent out the 1st summons ,
an that her dad recieves it ...

he said get a good lawyer an attend court ,dont sign anything an he says their incompetance to say wether this girls father got the summons or not may lead to the case being thrown OUT as lots of cases do

lol so if you dont recieve the 1st summons its upto their side to say you did ...

yep GPSworld is the best site to download speed traps from, i've updated mine to warn me of the traps(safety zones) and to speak what the speed limit of it is too which is extremely handy, also it warns of previous mobiles that may or may not be there so helps you be aware of the safety spots.

what satnav you got?

B.O.B DOLE said:
Moz said:
lol had to google what you meant ... :)

got this
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/magellan-poi-manager-speed-cameras.php[/QUOTE]

moz would this work on any sat nav do you think

depends on the sat nav you have. i use that file with tomtom5 on my PDA. has pretty much every gatso, altho it does lack some red light cameras (not that i would go thru a red light anyway) also some popular talivan spots i know of aint on it either. but still its useful.

I've just got a normal radar.
radar_arch_big.jpg

kendor said:
yep GPSworld is the best site to download speed traps from, i've updated mine to warn me of the traps(safety zones) and to speak what the speed limit of it is too which is extremely handy, also it warns of previous mobiles that may or may not be there so helps you be aware of the safety spots.

what satnav you got?

i have got a medion 400 can you give me the web site

B.O.B DOLE said:
kendor said:

what satnav you got?

i have got a medion 400 can you give me the web site
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/uksafetycameras.php
Hurry though as it becomes subscription based from February, still free as of now.
Not sure about your satnav? does it support customisable POI's in CSV format? if not then you will not be able to run the database.

kendor said:
Hurry though as it becomes subscription based from February, still free as of now

bit **** that. ill just have to stick with the version i have, unless someone wants to send me an update every few month...

andy said:
kendor said:
Hurry though as it becomes subscription based from February, still free as of now

bit s**t that. ill just have to stick with the version i have, unless someone wants to send me an update every few month...
you don't have to download regularly I've used the downloaded database since early last year and it's still current for the journeys i've done so far, depends on how much travelling you do i suppose, well worth a look.

Sponsored Links
Back