What Sat Nav do you use.

Garmin Nuvi 300 bought March 2007, this one remains in fine working order. Software and map updates applied.

Nissan Connect - built in - utilises vehicle speed sensor and a gyro (solid state?) plus normal satellite stuff. Keeps bang on road position (thus far) even when driving a couple of miles through a heavily wooded / tree overhung route.
RDS-TMC traffic incident info' integrated with the navigation system, this saved me from joining the M4 recently when traffic was backing up due to an accident there were no warnings at the junction / roundabout over the M4, but the problem was visible as we drove around to take another route.
The Connect nav' system doesn't have as many options as the Garmin portable, does have a USB connection integrated with sound system - stick the music and or talking book on a flash drive, plug in and listen !! beats carrying CD's in the car ! What a good idea that is.

-0-

Sponsored Links
Whats wrong with a map and a sense of direction?
This society is becoming too dependant on tech (as much as I like it).
nothing except you can end up driving up and down trying to find the destination, the sat nav on the whole takes the uncertainty out of finding somewhere thus saving time and more importantly in these high price times - fuel!
don't come to rely on it to get you from A-B in the same way each time as they calculate things you cannot see like traffic ahead and aim to get you there as quickly as it can whilst using the best roads. we can all be clever and use x,y,z roads as short cuts, the machines aren't designed like that for a reason - no one wants a 44 ton lorry in their country lane!

I have Tom Tom for work (carp) and Garmin for personal use (better).

Tom Tom tries to take me down a road that has bollards at the end of it and has done for at least 60 years.....

Sponsored Links
Tom-Tom on the iPhone, correct cradle on the suction thingie to boost signal (phone & GPS).

Can watch TV at lunchtimes and play sounds through the plug in iTrip. Marvellous.

Of course it ain't perfick, I drive with my eyes open. :eek:

DH

jerry0503222";p="2066462 said:
I've got one of those tomtom ones and it's ok to get you to places you don't know.... eventually. Just for fun I've used it in my local area and it never fails to try to send me all around the houses, so I assume it does that wherever you're going.

My point exactly, had one a while back. Home to office 2.4 miles, Tom Tit, 3.6??????

Sponsored Links
Back