saunier duval

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
contacted gloworm for part number of a saunier duval thermacondense f30e z pipe
collected part from my supplier and fit it the hole where the cold water filter goes in has a wider bore so cant get it to seal have tried gloworm again and they insist its the correct part. cant get the filter on its own for a week and iv tried a gw 30cxi z pipe which is similiar but again the diameter is different does anyone have any ideas

Sponsored Links
do they do one that is compatible? a friend of mine is a fitter for them and will get me the part cheap as chips instead of the £41.85 iv paid today

Sponsored Links
s10249 attaches to flow sensor iv managed to get a c/w filter online which will fit apparently they changed the pipe for the newer ones due to this fault

I was looking in one of these today, at a neighbour's, watching the fellah from BG struggling to change the diverter/water section and get it going. Instructions, diagrams etc were all wrong, and the parts had changed.

He'd been there 2 hours when I looked in, and left an hour after I went. They still had heating, but no HW. I felt sorry for him - he was an experienced guy.
It LOOKED like the DV had stuck (it was solid) :cry: and that had bust the motor :cry: :cry: , and that had taken out the board :cry: :cry: :cry: .

It was a little embarassing for me - I'd put the boiler in 2 years ago...

ok I see where you are now. Never heard that terminology(z pipe) before and it appears that parts centre use it as well. Always called that bit the cold water inlet manifold, which makes a bit more sense! Never had to replace one or had a problem with one, and as far as I'm aware its the same as the glowworm one and I'm not aware of any change of part or fault either which I would normally be informed about. Who told you it was a problem and the part has been changed?

I was looking in one of these today, at a neighbour's, watching the fellah from BG struggling to change the diverter/water section and get it going. Instructions, diagrams etc were all wrong, and the parts had changed.

He'd been there 2 hours when I looked in, and left an hour after I went. They still had heating, but no HW. I felt sorry for him - he was an experienced guy.
It LOOKED like the DV had stuck (it was solid) :cry: and that had bust the motor :cry: :cry: , and that had taken out the board :cry: :cry: :cry: .

It was a little embarassing for me - I'd put the boiler in 2 years ago...

these things happen, but generally they're very good boilers. Only major flaw is the filling device. Just fit an external one.

when i rang gloworm they informed me of the change apparently there wasnt many of the old sold with this part i guess it was just my luck they sent the filter for free though so its not all bad

ok I see where you are now. Never heard that terminology(z pipe) before and it appears that parts centre use it as well. Always called that bit the cold water inlet manifold, which makes a bit more sense! Never had to replace one or had a problem with one, and as far as I'm aware its the same as the glowworm one and I'm not aware of any change of part or fault either which I would normally be informed about. Who told you it was a problem and the part has been changed?

Had the same part on a SD boiler today which has split, there is no description in the MI, but my supplier also called it (a z pipe),and had sold one yesterday,and had ordered another one today,plus the one I also ordered making two today,which apparently is a known fault,
Why did Valliant buy this heap of S--- :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back