United Kingdom
Attention to detail :eek:

133.jpg

134.jpg

135.jpg

136.jpg

Sponsored Links
Horrific!

The only words to describe that so-called "porch" is a wart, carbuncle or growth.

A seasoned architect would weep at such a frightening disregard of all things flowing and pure.

To put such a hideous obstacle at such an important junction (valley) on the main roof beggars belief.

I can't see why the roof (second and third images) needs that additional kick at the bottom. It looks wrong and unnecessary.

The roof tiling and fascia/soffit was carried out by a blind Arab on a galloping camel.

Sponsored Links
Photoshopped - badly ;) please tell me it`s not for real :eek:

Photoshopped - badly ;) please tell me it`s not for real :eek:

It's very real and worse it's a corner plot between two main roads. Every man and his dog sit and stare at it whilst waiting at the traffic lights. Such a shame. I'm trying to work out if the homeowner did it himself or he paid someone to do it. :cry:

It certainly is bad, but it would have been possible for it to look pretty good with just a little effort.
One thing puzzles me though, why is the porch roof sitting at least a course and maybe two too low? It is causing the horrible problem with the fascia. Do those windows even open fully?
On the first picture there is a vertical line to the right of the porch where there is a noticable colour difference in the bricks. Is that a trick of the light or is it actually a joint because to me it looks like the bed joints don't run true.

Leave it out lads it took me ages to do that !!
Where does the water from behind 'the thing' actually run to ?

another point about porch being lower as it does look the water will pool and overflow as its up hill to the down pipe

apart from that it looks absolutely fine --------------

i may reveiw my thought and opinions when the several gallons off beer i have consumed today have worn off but at present that house looks very sexy :LOL: :LOL:

On the first picture there is a vertical line to the right of the porch where there is a noticable colour difference in the bricks. Is that a trick of the light or is it actually a joint because to me it looks like the bed joints don't run true.

Hmm weird, maybe it steps in to the house? I'll drive past again and have a look.

One thing puzzles me though, why is the porch roof sitting at least a course and maybe two too low? It is causing the horrible problem with the fascia.
Maybe due to their wall construction method, i.e. no inner skin of blockwork to take higher perhaps.

Regardless the outer brickwork could have still done a similar job.

No soffit over-hang either - now that really does looks pants.

I will bet you that a window fitter built that roof.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back