Scaffolders cracked plastic gutter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've just had some scaffolders take a scaffold down, paid them and after they've gone, on inspection, the gutter next to where the scaffolding was is now damaged.

It's cracked all the way across and dripping. I'm having all the gutters and downpipes replaced but not for at least 6 weeks as couldn't book a date due to the scaffolding being in the way.

Should the scaffold company be fixing this?

Would it just be easiest getting some roof and gutter sealant at £2.99 and applying to both the inside and outside of the crack? I may struggle getting my ladder up that high though :cautious:

Thanks in advance,
chaoticj

Attachments

• IMG_20221220_093607.jpg
    IMG_20221220_093607.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 58
Sponsored Links
just a diyer, but i would use CT1 - as it works when wet, or even underwater - i have used on gutter before and worked OK - mainly joints - not a broken bit of gutter

have you spoken to the scaffold company at all ?

It may just need a length of gutter and replaced the whole thing - may work out cheaper then decent sealant. - but just for 6 weeks, maynot be worth it

Whats below the broken gutter

I have used cheap screwfix mastic before on wet guttering and it was useless - BUT as i say - just a diyer

Sponsored Links
Could leave it I suppose - it won't cause significant damage in 6 weeks?

Just a path underneath, the gutter is held away from the house a bit by overhanging eaves.

I've WhatsApped the scaffold company but no reply yet.

Or just wait for a dry day and use some guerilla or duct tape and tape along the crack, for 6 weeks will be fine im sure - or or just pop out the length of guttering and replace with another piece

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back