Scalextric sets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do they still come with those transformers with exposed secondary terminals? These used to scare me when i was younger!

I just dug my old set out, it was in the back drawer of my old bed. Brought back memories!

Also, did anyone else use these sets with the hand-held triggers with the adjustable speed lever? I seem to remember after, say, 5-10 minutes of play, they used to smell awful and once started smoking :eek: Bad design, IMO. Do they still make them with the same speed controllers? :confused: (You can see inside, there is a long coil of wire and the trigger moves across it to produce varying voltage)

Have fond memories of connecting my friend's car to the transformer backwards, and then trying to run both cars on the same circuit :LOL: ah, them were the days. Cant go back. :rolleyes:

I think im gonna chuck this set away, its a bit past it and i dont think all the pieces are here :( Shame really.

Also found a Commodore Amiga 600 in the back drawer! Forgot i had it! :eek:

The drawer bottom had fallen out too, yes. :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I dont think anything about it works, TBH - as i said, the track has bits missing and the controllers may be knackered, its been gathering dust for a few years.

And the floppy drive in the amiga is fooked, not worth flogging either. And I CBA to ship either - finding a box, buying bubblewrap, tape, etc, not worth the hassle. :rolleyes:

Jesssus H Christ Crafty ,I am sure you are to young to reminise

Sponsored Links
Crafty, my scalextric was exactly like that, smell and all. It was real stuff, took all Sunday afternoon to get it going. Never could keep a car on the track! Too easy these days, magnets et al.

splinter said:

Not at all, he's looking back half a lifetime.

JohnD said:
splinter said:

Not at all, he's looking back half a lifetime.

People only reminise when there is more behind them than in front of them :LOL:

I allways wanted a scalextric when i was young but for some reason ( money i guess ) never did. But you can't have every thing in life. :LOL:

That's what I found brilliant about having kids ,they got everything I ever wanted

splinter said:
21 in a few days, but as JohnD says, i must be looking back at least half of that! I hope Splinter isn't right though!!! :LOL:

MY other half has a scalextric ! I got it her for xmas a few years back, she already had some stuff. You can still get the original track but they have new type track as well now, have loads of cars, trucks, and motorbikes. The controllers still smell a little but only smell of that "new electric smell" if you know what I mean.
We moved house recently so havnt set it up here yet, I keep saying I'll get some more track but never get round to it.
(I didnt JUST get her a scalextric for xmas as I knew I'd use it as well!)

splinter said:
That's what I found brilliant about having kids ,they got everything I ever wanted

How did your kids get on with Samantha Fox? :LOL:

JohnD said:
splinter said:

How did your kids get on with Samantha Fox? :LOL:

Yeah,If I ever come again ,it would have to be a woman like Sam Fox. A lovely looking woman and a lesbian to boot .Heaven :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back