Scanotronic 9448+ zone lights on after powercut

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Last month my postcode suffered a power cut and my alarm went off. I could not silence it for about 20 mins until Google search led to me inputting 1234 as the default code. This worked

Since then however I cannot set the alarm to work. It just would set the alarm going off everytime I inputted the code to activate the alarm

I did more googling and read threads on here and deduced it must be a faulty battery. So I replaced the battery with a new one. I left mains off for over a hour too incase that helped. Now when I set the alarm the zones 4 5 6 are red and then alarm goes off internally not externally anymore.

I cannot see any issues with the sensors bar perhaps a few cobwebs. Any ideas on whay I could try next or will I need to call out an engineer?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Firstly are zones 45 and 6 PIR's or other powered devices.

Mains power off means you would be running on battery only.

if 45 and 6 are powered devices you may have a blown fuse

Firstly are zones 45 and 6 PIR's or other powered devices.

Mains power off means you would be running on battery only.

if 45 and 6 are powered devices you may have a blown fuse
Hi Thanks for the reply

I removed the new battery and turned mains off for 1 hour before putting battery back in and turning mains back on

They are infra red sensors in the corner of rooms and the light still comes on if you walk past it

I have attached a pic just incase I have got it confused.

Attachments

• 20210713_170334.jpg
    20210713_170334.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 109
Well if pir lights up then the fuse is good.

Post picture of keypad/ panel unset.

what are on zones 45 and 6?

Sponsored Links
4,5 and 6 i assume are 2 living rooms and upstairs. They are the only sensors I have in the house

I have posted 3 pictures

One is the keypad in normal state with 2 green lights one top and one at bottom

The other has 1 red light that flashes between numbers 4 5 and 6 for 15 seconds once you press the keypad code to set alarm

And final pic is all 3 red zones lit up whilst the internal alarm sounds

Thanks

Attachments

• 20210713_172744.jpg
    20210713_172744.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 103
  • 20210713_172736.jpg
    20210713_172736.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 188
  • 20210713_172731.jpg
    20210713_172731.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 156
They are probably unused zones and panel has defaulted back to used zones …..open up the panel and see if there are any wires in these zones …. If not either put in a link or program as not used !

They are probably unused zones and panel has defaulted back to used zones …..open up the panel and see if there are any wires in these zones …. If not either put in a link or program as not used !
Sorry what do you mean by put in a link?

I will try ommiting the zones and putting the alarm on and get back to you.

Ok looks like you were right and they are unused zones. When i omit them and put alarm on and trigger it in different rooms the zones are 1 2 and 3. So it looks like I can now set the alarm at night at least

Any idea how I get the panel to realise they are unused zones as default so ibdont have to specifically omit them every time?

Thanks

0 enter ( or tick ) 7890 ….all lights flashing engineer mode ….15 enter , press 456 lights go out enter , 99 enter back to normal mode

0 enter ( or tick ) 7890 ….all lights flashing engineer mode ….15 enter , press 456 lights go out enter , 99 enter back to normal mode
Thank you so much that worked

Issue resolved!! You guys are great! Thanks So much

Hi

Just to revisit this seems issue is not fully resolved. I can now set alarm perfectly normally but when the alarm is triggered it goes off ONLY internally. Nothing can be heard from outside

Any ideas? Assume it is linked to original power cut detailed in original post of thread

Thanks

How long did you wait ….did you activate an entry exit zone ? As this has a 30 Sec pre alarm ( it will go off inside but there is a 30s delay before the external bell activates)

How long did you wait ….did you activate an entry exit zone ? As this has a 30 Sec pre alarm ( it will go off inside but there is a 30s delay before the external bell activates)
Thank you

It stays internal once set whilst I am inside and moving infront of sensors but when set and entry/exit is triggered it does go off externally after 30 seconds

Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back