Scantronic 9651 low batt beeping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please please please for the love of god can someone tell me how to disable the insanely annoying beeping I'm getting every 10 mins so that I can get a decent nights sleep.

We inherited this alarm system with the house and its seemed to work ok until now.

I don't care about replacing the battery etc just want to disable this f***ing noise asap.

Thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
So what are you going to do when you have a power cut and the alarm starts going off ! For the sake of a £15 battery !

Sponsored Links
With all this said, get a decently sizeable battery. Scantronic states that a minimum for panels like that is 7 amp hours. Either get that, or one that is bigger, but not too big to physically not fit inside the panel.

Unfortunately for you the alarm system was doing exactly what it is supposed to do, it's a security system and tells you when there is a problem.

Regular servicing is required to aleviate this warning, after all this is a security system or would you like it just to shut down and give no information?

A 12v 7Ah battery is the manufacturers recommended size.

I know silly o'clock is a bad time but, as above.

ps. Change every 4to5yrs whether you think you need to or not.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back