Scantronic 9753 exit installer mode issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a Scantronic 9853 alarm system. There was a smoke alarm triggered a while back when I sprayed the room with air freshner (stupid system). This alarm is still active and I did not know how to clear it.
I accessed the system and went into installer mode. Now when i try to exist the mode by pressing 99, I can't. It shows me the active alarm. This is since that false smoke alarm is still active.

Any way I can exit the Installer Mode without having to call in an engineer. #help

On further researching the internet, I find that while in installer mode, I need to now clear the alarm. How to do this.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Twist the head ....it should come out ....now twist it back in ....or remove the aux supply from the detector in the control panel

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your revert. So after twisting and removing the head, will this light go out?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back