Scantronic 9800 advice need please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya - have a 9800 with 1 door switch and three PIRs. After a recent 5 hour power cut we had a fault code flashing on the control panel - apologies as I don't recall the code now.
We were away over the weekend - hadn't set the alarm - neighbours could hear the internal siren going off. Entering my code didn't help at all and as we were 100s of miles and two days away I asked them to snip the wires to the siren (quickest way I could think of the cut the noise)
Having Googled a bit I found this forum and deduced that the code had probably been reset by the power cut.
I have now connected the siren back up - and performed the reset (power off - case off - remove battery - count to 10 - battery on - case on - power on - enter code twice)
Now we have a silent alarm but Sr is flashing continually, the Fault and service leds are on too.
If I try to set the alarm I get a t5, t6 and rr flash up.

What would my next steps be - I'm assuming that I would need a replacement battery if the thing didn't survive a 5 hour power cut ?

Many thanks in advance for any advice

Netrix

Sponsored Links
5hrs is along power cut, as for survival it depends on load on the system, Vs battery condition.

So if at rest it has a current draw of 0.5A then a 2 Ah battery in tip top condition would last 4 hrs if no mains power.

Thanks for that info - it makes sense, would you expect three PIRs to drain a battery in that time - perhaps I am expecting too much of it !! :)

for clarity - I am looking for advice on how to clear/fix the Sr code that is flashing continually (although the information above is gratefully received)

Last edited:
Needs engineer reset,but u also have tamper on zones 5 and 6 so wont set anyway. Has the code reverted back to 1234?

Sponsored Links
Needs engineer reset,but u also have tamper on zones 5 and 6 so wont set anyway. Has the code reverted back to 1234?
The code has reset to 1234.
The cover to the internal siren is currently off (I couldn't see a tamper switch on it?) Other than that, the cover to the control unit (white metal box) has been off but is back on now and the cover to one of the PIRs has been off but is back on now (I Was checking - stupidly - if they required batteries :D )
I did see some marker-pen writing on the inside of the control panel - I think it was details of the zones - I have no other paper work for the system. I will wait until tomorrow before I meddle again, my neighbours patience must be a tad thin at the moment !

Thanks again to you all for your help

7890 should reset the system but i suspect its going to need reprogramming and that zones 5 and 6 are not used and need programming as such

Have you factory defaulted the control panel ?
You may now need to reprogram the control if no devices on zones 5&6. Photo of control panel pcb mite help.

7890 should reset the system but i suspect its going to need reprogramming and that zones 5 and 6 are not used and need programming as such

Thanks Bigsosij - If I am reading the manual correctly - for the engineer's reset I enter engineer mode with 0 7890 then 33 1 for the reset ?

Have you factory defaulted the control panel ?
You may now need to reprogram the control if no devices on zones 5&6. Photo of control panel pcb mite help.

Thanks Handymanjo - the only thing I have done is as per OP - powered off mains, disconnected battery then connected back up. I will access the control panel again tomorrow to see if the zones are listed inside and also grab a photo of the PCB whilst there too. I'm working from home tomorrow after being off for a few days so I will be very busy, but I will return with said photo !!

Option 33 is to select wether engineer reset is on or off. So press 07890 33 0 (to turn it off) then 99 tick to exit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back