Scantronic 9800 intruder alarm beeping is waking up my baby!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

When i set the code before i go up to bed at night, the blasted thing beeps away for a few seconds and wakes up the yound one.

Any ideas how I turn the volume down!

Darrenh

Sponsored Links
the volume can only be turned down by an engineer
the system can be set to perform what is called a "silent set" on part set B
the system will only beep once very quietly upon setting.

so you will need to call a alarm engineer to perform this

may i recommend you use a SSAIB or NACOS approved company.

darrenh, if its bells only, and you have the engineers code you can do it, but you will also need the manual, and the panel is a bit long in the tooth.

But i have to say, if it aint broke dont fix it.

your kid will eventualy get used to it

breezer - i have the install manaul - you turn the volume down with a screw dirver so that is strightforward - the issue is getting the front of the panel off as when i try the tamper alram goes off!

Sponsored Links
When the Tamper goes off, enter Eng Code to shut it up.
-- or put onto Engineering first, then open what ever, then

Adj. the volume

Exit engineering

Done

not really - it doesnt tell me how to get the cover off the keypad without the alarm ringing!

Oh come on, it's an alarm system, it's supposed to make a noise when tampered with, they ALL do it, they are designed that way!

What's the point of having a system that can be 'played with' and defeated easily.

See my earlier post on how to do it.

not really - it doesnt tell me how to get the cover off the keypad without the alarm ringing!

it does :rolleyes:

Its obvious you have not read the manual.

how do you suppose we learnt? (clue, see line above)

or as they say in the computer world

RTFM

Europlex - thanks for this, i missed your post earlier so only just read it and will action.

The factory default access codes are:
Engineer Code 7890
Access Code User 1 1234
Access Code 2 to 4 AAAA (inactive)
Access Code 3 BBBB (inactive)
Access Code 4 CCCC (inactive)
Duress Code OMIT, OMIT, OMIT, OMIT (inactive)
Note: The factory default Access Codes 02 to 04 and the Duress Code must be
changed by USER 1 to a four digit number to activate them.

darrenh, i fail to see what you have posted (although true) has to do with the violume, could you explain your thinking?

Europlex - thanks for this, i missed your post earlier so only just read it and will action.

The factory default access codes are:
Engineer Code 7890
Access Code User 1 1234
Access Code 2 to 4 AAAA (inactive)
Access Code 3 BBBB (inactive)
Access Code 4 CCCC (inactive)
Duress Code OMIT, OMIT, OMIT, OMIT (inactive)
Note: The factory default Access Codes 02 to 04 and the Duress Code must be
changed by USER 1 to a four digit number to activate them.
Don't forget you have to precede the Eng Code with '0'

so 0 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 0 would have to be entered to get into engineering with the default Eng code

so i can turn the bell off when i open the case - worse case is it bleets for a few mins while I get my screwdriver in.

so i can turn the bell off when i open the case - worse case is it bleets for a few mins while I get my screwdriver in.
Why are you touching the bell to adjust the Entry / Exit sounder?

Doing what I have said will stop the tamper sound inside the house, it WILL NOT stop the bell making a noise if you take its cover off, they are designed that way

Bell normally means, bell OR siren, the bell came first and it stuck, same as Hoover, means Hoover, Dyson, Goblin etc

I am sorry darrenh, but the more you post the more you show that you clearly have not read the instructions.

please. Read the instructions

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back