Scantronic 9800 intruder alarm beeping is waking up my baby!

breezer - I seem to be upsetting you which is making me lose sleep so please accept my sincere apologies.

the manual i have is:

http://www.securitycentres.co.uk/Manuals/9800.pdf

which says "open the keypad" but fails to say how, hence my question. Just underneath this is the guidance around using screwdirver to change the volume (ie this wasnt a guess as I read it here - yes, I read it in the manual).

Europlex - thank you, my termionlogy is indeed wrong - by bell I mean the volumeof the bel on the keypad.

thanks

Sponsored Links
Keep the lid of the keypad shut.

Along the bottom edge you should be able to see two small indentations.

Place a small screwdriver blade, in one and leaver slightly, then do the same to the second, the keypad should come away from the back plate.

Do your thing

To put it back, put the top back into the backplate, close the bottom in so it is touching the backplate then give it a 'sharp' knock with the heel of your hand along the bottom edge, this will snap it back in place.

Don't pinch any of the wires.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back