Scantronic 9851 Unable to change part set/level

Reaction score
Country
Austria
Hi,
I'm trying to modify the programming on an Scantronic 9851 where I have 12 Zones which spread over 4 part sets/levels (what exactly is the difference between set and level, both are mentioned in the manual without explanation).
I'm able to see the zone configuration like e.g. '13: NA abcd'.
Now I want to remove one zone from a single part set let's say 'b'. But whenever I use the x5, command on the zone the keypad only beeps and nothing happens.
I also tried to remove the zone from all sets just be setting it to NU (not used) which worked. But after setting it back to NA it is now only part of set 'a' and I'm unable to add it to any other set (B,C, or D).
I'm not even sure if the alarm system is set up with partitions or not. How can I check?
How can I add/remove zones from part sets/levels? I'm following the manual but it doe snot work. What does keep it from working?
The programming was originally done using some software on a laptop. Both (software & laptop) are no longer available.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Should just be able to press A,B,C,D buttons on keypad to select areas u want each zone to be active in.

That's it! I was just too stupid to try that as it is not mentioned anywhere in the manual ...
Thanks a lot!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back