Scary!!!

Sponsored Links
:eek: Just as well he was alone, could you imagine if there were kids in the car, the outcome could of been a lot worse.

I think it would take me a long time to get behind a wheel of a car again.

markie said:
:eek: Just as well he was alone, could you imagine if there were kids in the car
OMG that doesn't bear thinking about!

Sponsored Links
BIT OF A PLONKER isnt he

me thinks this was an excuse to speed

turing the ignition off on a straight part of the road would have been simple

he should be prosecuted and banned as an idiot

Slogger said:
easy to say sitting in front of a computer at 0 MPH

Slogger said:
BIT OF A PLONKER isnt he

i totally agree even without power stering he would have been alright and i cant understand why the police did not advice him to turn off the engine i think there is knumb sculls in that department as well.

I've had a throttle stick, Landrover 110 V8, not high speed, but scary power when you cant control it!
Badly frayed cable was the cause, and I did use the key to turn off ignition.
If story is true I really feel for the guy, near death experience I think :eek:

A speeding car is not the place to panic!

Yes, he could easily have killed the engine. Lost the power steering? So what?

Even if he had crashed after switching off the ign, the chances are, it would have been less severe.

It's not like he was faced with a split-second decision! He had how many miles to think about it?

And as you've said, he may not have thought switching off a good idea, but somebody in the control room should have suggested it. Or they could have slung a stinger in front of him.

securspark

I wouldn't fancy the stinger bit if i was doing 60/70/80. mph

What i may of done is try to put it in first gear and blow the engine up, but it's easy saying it when you are not in that predicament.

Have'nt said that, as soon as i was awear of the problem i would of turned the engine off.

markie said:
securspark

I wouldn't fancy the stinger bit if i was doing 60/70/80. mph

What i may of done is try to put it in first gear and blow the engine up, but it's easy saying it when you are not in that predicament.

Have'nt said that, as soon as i was awear of the problem i would of turned the engine off.

The stinger lets tyres down in a controlled manner - no probs.

The car in question was an auto...

Slogger said:
BIT OF A PLONKER isnt he

please you guys are drivers! why not just turn off the ignition ? as slogger suggests, his brakes burnt out whilst it was under power but if he had turned the engine off and then put his foot on the brakes wouldn't that have stopped the car? what?

Sponsored Links
Back